Registry and Gift Forum

When did most of the gifts arrive at your house?

I've been told by a few people that they received the most gifts sent to their house AFTER the wedding, not before. I've only received a few gifts so far and am worried that I'll get a huge amount of gifts sent to me after the wedding when I'm on my honeymoon and can't pick them up off the porch. Did anyone get a lot of gifts after the wedding? I need to know if I should arrange to have someone stop by every day I'm on my honeymoon and collect gifts. 

Re: When did most of the gifts arrive at your house?

• Call the post office & tell them to hold your mail/packages.  That way anything through USPS will be held.  You can also call the stores you registered at and request that they hold any shipments from them to your house while you're away.
  • We got every one of our gifts the day of the wedding. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We got most of ours before or at the wedding.  I think my mom sent something that came the week after (we hadn't left for the honeymoon yet) and we had my IL's stop by the house every few days in case.

• We received all gifts at our house before the wedding, and we received gifts at our wedding.  There were no packages left on our doorstep while on our honeymoon.  Some guests mailed us cards after the wedding, but those were in our mail that we held at the post office.  Just keep an eye on your registry, and know what to look out for within the days leading up to your wedding.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • We received 2 gifts before the wedding at our house and then everything else at the wedding
  • We got quite a lot of packages (maybe 5 or 6 boxes, some mailing envelopes too) while we were on our honeymoon.  We had a house/dogsitter staying at our home who brought them in for us. Our wedding was in early January so I think a lot of people waited until after the holidays to purchase wedding gifts though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards