Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF

2»

Re: FFF

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:4d860c8d-e94e-4f35-8717-87618b1ccd2d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think that I clarified my point because I was too taken aback at her comment.  (Or how I read it). What I meant from my post was simply that the<strong> end product was the same</strong>.  It is the same ingredients that go into a cake, you get pictures from a photographer, you get music from a DJ.  I never said that I was "mad" about it.  I get it.  I know you are paying for experience.  When you look at the big picture it just seems a little silly and maybe a tad bit maddening that certain vendors cost thousands more than their counterpart.  My post was intended to be light hearted.  I am sorry if I offended you Julie with my post. I feel as though you may have taken my post way too seriously when I really just meant for my post to be a little silly.
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to get into this middle of this but I just wanted to add an element of perspective.

It's not just artistry, name, and experience.  

The difference between a cake baked for a party and for a wedding (even if its essentially the same $ amount of ingredients) is the responsibility, the often multiple meetings, the added stress, etc. 

I'm not a wedding vendor, obviously, but if I was I would feel an extreme amount of pressure to make sure that everything was absolutely perfect.   That is a huge burden to bear, and one that I would charge more for as a result.
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:8899e5de-9b21-4b6c-9f68-bab674076751">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't think she was calling your wedding cheap, just your actions/complaint about the photographer. Like you were acting cheap and complaining that their prices were so high. That doesn't mean your wedding is cheap.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

This is how I read  it....

And I flame all of us for being too quiet today. :)

(Oh, and FI's co-worker for being a backstabber)
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:9eadbec3-1e3b-4d4f-9e1e-2d4d59f117d4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : This is how I read  it.... And I flame all of us for being too quiet today. :) (Oh, and FI's co-worker for being a backstabber)
    Posted by dianaslik[/QUOTE]

That's how I read it too.

Jordan, I think that the whole thing is probably just a misunderstanding.  Knowing Julie, she wouldn't intentionally or coldly call anyone cheap.  I get where you're coming from though on the prices for the same things!  But - each vendor sees themselves as unique and different and they all really do have different things to offer each bride.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:49f41282-57c9-4ee4-bd32-59904c7ddd8a">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I'm not going to get into this middle of this but I just wanted to add an element of perspective. It's not just artistry, name, and experience.   The difference between a cake baked for a party and for a wedding (even if its essentially the same $ amount of ingredients) is the responsibility, the often multiple meetings, the added stress, etc.  <strong>I'm not a wedding vendor, obviously, but if I was I would feel an extreme amount of pressure to make sure that everything was absolutely perfect.  </strong> That is a huge burden to bear, and one that I would charge more for as a result.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I have helped friend's out with hair and makeup for their wedding. It is way more stressful then when I help for proms and stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    I flame all of you for "flaming her" for her flame.

This is Flame Free Friday or is it Free Flame Friday... Ugh, whichever.  We get to make flames and not get flack for it - which obviously she has.   *shakes fist* bad ladies! :P
  • edited December 2011
    We're not flaming her, just discussing the situation. No one has been abrasive.

ETA: I've always thought of FFF as the day to discuss controversial topics from our lives without getting attacked. I didn't think it necessarily meant to "flame" or complain about something another Knottie has said. I could be wrong though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Angela- I just love that picture of you!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I was being silly :(

That being said, I still flame myself for not really getting FFF.  Flame Free Friday doesn't work because it is riddled with flames/gripes.   Free Flame Friday doesn't work because the opposing opinion of original flames always come up.

Yeah, I vote for a new Friday ritual. This one makes my head hurt...
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Sarah!
    Kendall- Check out my ETA
  • edited December 2011
    Kedall: is it makes my head hurty hurt
  • edited December 2011
    Kendall - I don't see where any flack was given?   It was a clearer explanation of what was said/meant.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:dc5ddc46-2937-40b5-a269-f09611b5dc00">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was being silly :( That being said, I still flame myself for not really getting FFF.  Flame Free Friday doesn't work because it is riddled with flames/gripes.   Free Flame Friday doesn't work because the opposing opinion of original flames always come up. Yeah, I vote for a new Friday ritual. This one makes my head hurt...
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

Any FFF (on SB or E) has rebuttals... that's just the name of the game.  If someone complains about me, you can bet your noodles that I'm going to respond.  That's just life and people.

I actually enjoy our FFF's <em>because</em> they're not all mean and harshness towards each other, but sometimes we can air our grievances too.  I motion that FFF stands.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    From the handy-dandy FAQ

FFF (Flame Free Friday) -  This is where you can flame something or someone and not get any flack for it.  Sometimes you will anyway...but it's all in fun and you can get your frustrations out.

So, I interpret that as TK related and not TK related things.. it can be anything really.  FFF generally is more TK related on other boards because B&Ming about life or things going on is in the normal flow of the week.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:4d078fa8-f3ec-41ac-af93-1f36f795b47b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Any FFF (on SB or E) has rebuttals... that's just the name of the game.  If someone complains about me, you can bet your noodles that I'm going to respond.  That's just life and people. I actually enjoy our FFF's because they're not all mean and harshness towards each other, but sometimes we can air our grievances too.  I motion that FFF stands.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
  • edited December 2011
    Not going to lie - I prefer reading the "Confessions" and "Friday Fives" you Nesties do.  It's a nice burst of honesty without being overly negative in nature.  FFF just seems a bit negative for the best day of the week.  I think its redundant with B&M TBH 
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:b4ce75b7-7a76-45e5-a45f-c9c81a77566d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not going to lie - I prefer reading the "Confessions" and "Friday Fives" you Nesties do.  It's a nice burst of honesty without being overly negative in nature.  FFF just seems a bit negative for the best day of the week.  I think its redundant with B&M TBH 
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome to start a confessions thread when you want to confess something!  To be fair, I don't have things that I care to confess every week or 5 favorite things every week either.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I flame myself for not posting much this week.  Just too much of an emotional week. 
  • edited December 2011
    I flame the Internet, for never emoting the way we want it to.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:9f527b11-7930-4b13-bcb9-b5fd6c99a434">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame the Internet, for never emoting the way we want it to.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

THIS.

From now on I will put the emotion I am going for at the end of my posts. (i.e. sarcasm, serious, silly, etc...)

I guess I misinterpreted her post.  I still feel that her comment may have come off as a little brash, but I am just going to let it go :) 

Happy Weekend Everyone!
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • edited December 2011
    I try very hard to read everyone's post as if they are smiling at me.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards