Registry and Gift Forum
Options

when to start the registry?

when should we start registering? We aren't getting married until September, so I know it wont be for a while. But I'm just trying to get a feel for when to start it  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot

Re: when to start the registry?

• Options
    We registered about 6 months before the wedding.  That seemed to be perfect since it was during a not so busy time (wedding wise) and clsoe enough to the wedding that we didnt' have to worry too much about stuff being discontinued.

You could start the registry now, but if you do just make sure you check it a few months before the wedding to make sure stuff hasn't been discontinued.  A lot of stores change their stock, especially after Christmas, so you might have to redo a lot of it if you do it too early.
  • Options
    We registered about 6 months before the wedding--too long before that and a lot of things will get discontinued. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got married in september of this year, and we registered back in March. So, six months in advance.
  • Options
    We started our registry back in the spring, for basic stuff - kitchen gadgets and pots and pans and the like, the kinds of things that don't usually get discontinued.  We waited to put on things like china until last month.
  • Options
    We started our registry back in the spring for basic stuff, kitchen gadgets and pots and pans and the like, the things that aren't as likely to get discontinued.  We waited until last month to put china and some other stuff on, in case people want to use it for Christmas gift suggestions.
  • Options
    We registered in September for a March wedding so 6 months.  We had our showers in October/November so I wanted to be registered before those invites were sent out.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    We will register in January for our September wedding. We are sending save the date cards out and it will have our wedding website on it and I want all the details to be complete on the website. We will check with our registry every couple months to make sure nothing has been discontinued though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards