Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Got a call from Dinner for Two Bridal Registry

I got a call saying I won two crystal champagne flutes and me and my Fiancee are invited to come taste foods and listen to a seminar then pick from 3 honeymoon packages free to us for just coming. Sounds like a rip off but i am going to see for myself. has anyone been? is it worth my time for free champagne glasses?

Re: Got a call from Dinner for Two Bridal Registry

• Options
    I've had a friend do it before. They just needed to sit through a seminar where they try to sell you a time share. As long as your calm and cool and don't get sucked in your fine. They got an amazing trip to Riveyera Maya for 2. It was an amazing hotel, they had their own butler! Yeah, so if your not a sucker and can withhold from crumbling under the pressure of buying, they didn't have to spend a dime.
  • Options
    I got the call yesterday and we are gonna go tonight...hope its at least decent, we want the bands
  • Options
    I got the same phone call today!  Did you go?
  • Options
    I just received a phone call from Dinner for Two today. I'm going to the seminar, but I'm going very skeptical.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I just got the call and am curious about it! My fiance thinks it is a scam but I would like to see what they have to offer!
  • Options
    Very helpful posts!  Thank you.
    I also got a call from them--multiple times.
    I am definitely going to call back and remove myself from the list.
    Has anyone who wrote in one of those bad experiences reported them to the BBB (Better Business Bureau, not Bed Bath and Beyond)?
  • Options
    I got the call today that I have one 4 prizes and I can pick it up at a local holiday inn express...? Kinda Iffey... but I dont know I might Just go and check it out.... actully send my fiance
     lol
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i just got a call from them tonight too. i let it go to voicemail at first then checked the message and the guy on it spoke kinda fast and i couldn't catch a few bits and pieces of what he said but it said i won the the Dinner4Two thing from the recent bridal expo i went to and what i won was a polka dot Dinner4Two apron, 2 personalized champagne flutes (with our names and the wedding date on them, something about wedding bands, and a 3 day/2 night vacation. so i called this number back that called me and asked saying that someone called me about something i won at the bridal expo and i talked to this guy Nathan. he asked for my phone number then explained to me about this package thing, so i guess if i go to this days inn somewhere i can get this stuff that was mentioned in the voicemail message i got. he also went on to explain the trip thing. he said that it was 3 days/2 nights "all inclusive" vacation and i get to choose from these 3 places (the bahamas being one of them) and that airfare was not included. also he mantioned that this offer for the trip lasts 18 months so i have a year and a half to decide about the trip but he did say that he had several openings at the "days inn" for thursday, friday, and saturday. granted i wasn't paying too too much attention to what he was saying, cause he was also like the guy in the message spitting out the details kinda fast, there was no mention about any sort of cookware to be bought or nor did he mention anything about royal prestige ... after reading all these post you all have up and some other complaints/praises ... it does sound to be kinda like a scam but then again hearing som of the good testiomonies makes me want to just see for myself what they are about. is there anyone else that has some more opinions on it? ...
  • Options
    I got the same call too! Im gonna try and check it out this sunday!
  • Options
    Im got the call 2 days ago. me, my fiance, and my mother are going today. if its a scam ill post back and let yall know more. i was told that one of the honeymoon options was a trip to mexico. they pay for any food, snacks and hotel. all i had to pay was the airfair and i had 2 yearsto take the trip. it all sounds interesting so i am goingWink
  • Options
    jerrbear964jerrbear964 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    i went erlier today. and ican tell you. it is NOT a scam. it was very enjoyable and the sales guy was so NOT pushy. he was actually really cool. i didnt buy anything and that was ok. the food was delicious and what they advertise is a one time offer chance and is worth the time. i still got my gifts. please if you have the time GO!
  • Options
    I got a call today and I called them back and they said I'd get a call back but I never did so I'm assuming they must have called who ever was next on their list??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_got-call-dinner-two-bridal-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:960a9030-6bf0-474c-9281-78db703441fbPost:57ab1350-8f11-4a61-a4c0-aafbb81892c3">Got a call from Dinner for Two Bridal Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a call saying I won two crystal champagne flutes and me and my Fiancee are invited to come taste foods and listen to a seminar then pick from 3 honeymoon packages free to us for just coming. Sounds like a rip off but i am going to see for myself. has anyone been? is it worth my time for free champagne glasses?
    Posted by abnixon[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not worth your time.  EVERYONE wins.  A little suspicious. My friend was with me at the expo and got the same exact call. I was offered a 3 day/2 night vacation or 2 wedding bands.  Everything I have seen is that it is a high pressure sales pitch and 90 minutes you can't get back. The quality of the rings are not great and the resort does not have good ratings and you are required to go odd times. (Sun-Tuesday)  I was invited to one in Boston and it is in the most random location.  Even though I have told them I am not interested and confirmed they would take me off thier list, they continue to call.  5 times now.  Don't even give them your number.

</div>
  • Options
    I just got a voicemail from these folks too, stating a I had won a bridal package; I wasn't sure what all that entailed but of course Google directed me back here ;) 

Sounds a little fishy to me, because I don't know how they got my phone number, but I don't think I even have time to go because I'm moving in a couple of weeks.  Anyone have any recent experience taking these people up on the offer?  I'm in the southwest Michigan area if that helps.
  • Options
    They have obtained my number from a Davids Bridal registry.  Do the research to know that nothing about this is FREE.  Im sure that the show is not pushy, but I don't think anything about this will be free from the reviews I read.  Please read the research, none of these PRIZES are free
  • Options
    I was very wary about this as well, but my fiance and I decided to attend. We did receive the bridal gift package they promised but what they don't tell you is 1. all the free champagne flutes require you to pay $20 for shipping. The grocery coupons require $5 shipping.

We also received a 2 night hotel stay in one of various locations around the US and a few overseas locations ... however they only pay for the hotel stay. You have to cover flights, food, activities...

You also have the option for wedding bands.. I did not really look into this since we already had ours. . if they are decent (which i do not know it might be worth sitting though a 90 presentation. Although idk how you insure that product)

They basically get you there to try to sell you cookware. They give a good presentation but they are very behind the times in advertising and gift registries and such. You have to call order, they have no catolog or website to look at products.

It is not a scam ... but it was not really worth the gift package for me and my fiance. Its up to you to decide. the 5 piece set 3 pans and 2 lids was $1500 ....
  • Options
    It's not a scam... but I did not think the gift packages was worth it either.

1) you have to pay $20 shipping to get your "FREE" champagne flutes
    2) vacation = HOTEL ONLY
    3) Coupons = PAY $5 shipping

Not sure about wedding bands ... we already had ours so we did not even look. He did say they cost $25each  shipping or something too.

Your choice ...but for me it was not worth it. The products are nice ....but too pricey.
  • Options
    I received a similiar call. I was just wondering if you actually went on your honeymoon.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_got-call-dinner-two-bridal-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:960a9030-6bf0-474c-9281-78db703441fbPost:b13e2166-95c1-4e03-83df-f1baf7357f3a">Re: Got a call from Dinner for Two Bridal Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went 2 this bridal fair last night. I received my honeymoon package & didnt have 2 pay 4 n e thing & the salesman weren't pushy @ all.They asked me if I wanted the flutes just for coming out r 3 big heavy metal spoons & they gave me a paper 4 me  2 fill out 2 let them know where 2 send the free gift. I'm still going 2 do research on this company esp b4 spending n e $ but it sound like it's legit but scam artists r known 2 make it sound real & it's not. 
    Posted by dlm0905[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I recieved a call from bridal registry saying I won 1 out of 3 packages..choices between the honeymoon thing and wedding bands..no one is actually saying that they went or not..so did anyone go?
  • Options
    I just got a voicemail from them too! They said that we won a 3 day, 2 nigt hotel stay or a set of wedding bands from JBL Jewelry.....I was in the same boat wih wonderin whether or not to actually go....but now I dn't thik I will! Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    They are still calling and I asked what cookwear company they worked for and they said Royal Presteige.

What I want to know is if anyone has gone on the honeymoon or taken any of the major gifts and if they got slammed with gift tax.

I cook everything in 1 giant pan I have and my fella is great at boiling water so I think we will not succumb if we go.
  • Options
    i got the same call this morning i am going too 
  • Options
    Ii was told both of the bride and groom have to show up.
  • Options

First, thank you "fellow brides" for posting your experieces with this company. I just recieved a call inviting my fiance and I out to their event next Wednesday. I actually called the hotel to confirm the name of the company who's hosting, as I couldn't understand the woman who first answered the phone.

I was told the same information you all were. Not sure I'm comfortable attending, but we'll see. Here's a link to the 2013 "Fun Stuff" page of Dinner 4 Two's website if you're interested in more information: http://www.dinner4two.com/the-fun-stuff/

Thanks for all the helpful responses on your experiences!

• Options
    Everyone does win, in my opinion it's a waste of time. The only thing we got out of it was the apron, which I've used for Christmas baking and that's it. The wedding bands they have did not suit us, and the champagne flutes were, again, not our style. We contemplated the flutes (and then discovered a set of Vera Wang on clearance elsewhere).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is not a scam! I went and got a cute apron. I also choose the trip and its booked. My friend did her trip about and year back and loved it. I didn't buy the cookware although it was nice.
  • Options
    Oh and if you registered with David bridal that why you got the call
  • Options
    I also just received this call. The lady also spoke very quickly so I was not sure that I caught everything that she said regarding all the "prizes". I did hear her say that my fiance and I had the option of the wedding bands or the trip. She said that the wedding bands could be personalized and had a lifetime warranty. And the trip was a 3 day  2 night and had to be redeemed in 18 months. The rest of the gifts didnt have a time limit. The other gifts I didn't catch all of but she said there was a total of 4. So take out the trip or rings thats 3. She said one was the flutes that were personalized with name and wedding date and they did charge $20 s&h. Then I thought she said there was a gift card for a dinner or something like that then something about a harley davidson and an all inclusive honeymoon to Paris. She told me it would be at a local Holiday Inn on the following Monday evening. It was at like 7pm. I however work in the evenings so I would not be able to attend. I was thinking of sending my fiance or my mom. When I asked the girl if I could have my mom come and pick the gifts up she said that both my fiance and I had to be present to get the gifts. She said that since I would not be able to do so since I would be working, she would put my gifts on hold. I am not sure how they got my phone number. I'm thinking DB or Men's warehouse. I really haven't registered for anything at this point. I just can't help but think that even having to pay $20 s&h to get all kinds of stuff seems too good to be true. Nothing is 100% free in life.
  • Options
    Yet another zombie thread from 2011! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards