Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Everyday Dishes???

Hi....Looking for some suggestions on everyday dish as far as best quality.  We want something more than just the basic comes w plate, soup bowl, mug, etc.  We want something that has matching gravy bowls, serving plates, etc if that even exists?  Everyone has told us Corelle is the best qualtiy but they don't seem to have a lot of options.  Any input would be appreciated. Smile thank you!

Re: Everyday Dishes???

• Options
    Pottery Barn's Great White Dinnerware collections. They come with several different serving pieces, including gravy boat, serving bowls/platters, 3-tier stand, coffee condiment set, as well as espresso/latte/cappuccino mugs. It is a gorgeous set, and the prices are reasonable.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We have fiestaware and we absolutely love it. There are so many extras that you can add in a variety of colors. You can also find it on regular sales at Kohls' Macy's or JCPenney and if you buy it at BBB you can always use a 20% off coupon for your purchase.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    What price range are you looking for?  There are definitely everyday dishes that have matching serving pieces.  There is also not really a definition of everyday dishes, some people use china as everyday dishes, some people like stoneware, etc.  Pick a pattern you will like to use day after day for many years, and also be on the lookout for other things that are important to you, such as serving pieces and dishwasher/microwave/oven use. 

I had Corelle dishes in college, and, in my experience, they are less likely to break or chip, but they seemed cheap.  I got the kind you find at Wal Mart or Target, I'm not sure if they have a higher end line. 
  • Options
    We registered for the Nuit collection at Crate & Barrel for our every day dish set.

4 piece set

Matching tea pot

Matching sugar bowl

Matching serving platter

Matching serving bowl
  • Options
    We are registered for Fiestaware.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• Options
    I love the PB Great White that PP suggested, but if you go that route, beware.

The dinner plates are very large, and do not fit in standard-size kitchen cabinets.  My FMIL has them, and keeps them in her lower cabinets.  They're huge.

For that reason, I went with Williams-Sonoma Apilco Traditional (<--clicky).  Too plain for my taste, but I tried to give in when FI took an interest in anything wedding-related, since it was so rare.
  • Options
    We registered for Fiestaware. We have gotten most of what we registered for and I have heard from many that it has been really fun to shop for!

My mom, grandma, and aunt all have Fiesta and they love it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're going with Denby from Macy's...
  • Options
    Hlq, that's hilarious- my fiancé wants that same set and I'm not crazy about it either, but if we do end up registering at WS, I'll give in for the same reason. He's wavering on whether he wants to register at PB or WS. I second the warning about PB great white. I have a set and I never use the dinner plates. The salad plates are the size of normal dinner plates, which just means there are no smaller plates for everyday lunches like a sandwich. I ended up buying some dessert plates at BBB. Like hlq said, the dinner plates don't fit in a standard cabinet, and they also are too big to be properly placed in my dishwasher- they lean over. PB now makes a set similar to it (I actually think great white is in the name) but it's smaller. The mugs are also giant. I can make a pot of coffee up to the four cup line, and the entire pot fits in the mug with room for cream.
  • Options
    We did both PB and WS, GeauxTigers, and BBB.  I think PB and WS are totally different in terms of what they offer.  Where else are you registered?

I should add, I did choose some of the PB Great White serving pieces the OP mentioned.  I'm sure they'll be a different shade of white than the W-S dishes, but I don't care that much, lol.
  • Options
    We've had Crate and Barrel for years and have been 100% satisfied with them. We recently moved and decided to celebrate with a new set, I don't remember the name... they're all white and sleek looking.
  • Options
    Hlq- we haven't registered yet. We are definitely doing BBB because it's available in both my hometown and fiancé's. We are registering our china/crystal/ serving pieces at a local place in my hometown (over 90% of the guestlist is in my town and it's "the wedding place" around here) and we need to pick a third place. My town doesn't have PB or WS, so I'm letting fiancé choose because I picked the local place. I wouldn't worry about a third if our guest list wasn't so big, but we are around 475 at this point and I'm concerned we need options. Giving money is really uncommon around here.
  • Options
    I love my Fiestaware! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    we registered for Chocolate swirl by Mikasa. We LOVE IT. there is SO MUCH extras you can buy that match, as well as the swirl collection from Mikasa that coordinate.

we registered for it at Bed Bath and Beyond and got the whole set.

• Options
    I love my BB&B Everyday White Rim dinnerware.  Tons of accessory pieces  in all different types of shapes and styles, and since it's white porcelain, any other china brands with white porcelain material will go with it.  Porcelain is hard (not as hard as bone china) and durable.  Corelle is amazing (especially for children) because it's virtually unbreakable.  I don't like the thin quality of the corelle dinnerware, but when we have kids, I know we'll probably get a kid set for them to use so they don't use the "big boy" or "big girl" plates until they're ready.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    cc+mmcc+mm member
    First Comment
    We have PB Great White Coupe and love it. All of my plates fit in the upper cabinets and they have tons of serving pieces to use with it. I also have a few random white serving pieces that I use that are not PB, but are the same color.

• Options
    FIESTAWARE! 

It is the only dishes I have ever owned that don't chip.  I am 100% convert.  LOVE MY FIESTAWARE!
  • Options
    Have you checked out Colorwave by Noritake? They have lots of different colors, and coordinating-colored serving pieces, salt shakers, ramekins, etc. Clicky
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • Options
    We went with Lenox for our everyday dishes and absolutely love them.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_everyday-dishes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:9b5a4620-11cf-46db-9b0a-a434f875e2d7Post:3b3a6803-3035-4090-a5e9-692aa5e18184">Re: Everyday Dishes???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have PB Great White Coupe and love it. All of my plates fit in the upper cabinets and they have tons of serving pieces to use with it. I also have a few random white serving pieces that I use that are not PB, but are the same color.
    Posted by cc+mm[/QUOTE]

Coupe is 11 inches for the dinner plate; the standard Great White is 12 inches.

Thanks for mentioning this, though.  I wasn't sure if Coupe would fit, either.  I'll have to consider switching over from the W-S plates.
  • Options
    I have the great white dinnerware from PB and I love them.  They just came out with a bunch of new pieces to match.  I however have the square plate set and they fit in my cabinets and they also fit in the dishwasher.  So this might be an option for you.  They have a lot of fun pieces to go along with it.   Sometimes all white can be boring so I add color accents :)
  • Options
    We went with Fiestaware!
  • Options
    I second Fiestaware! We have had so much fun opening boxes full of colorful pieces and I cannot wait to stock our cabinets with everything after the wedding! When we registered, the one thing my fiance got excited about was the Fiestaware so we went with his choices: turqouise and tangerine! Everything we've received so far looks awesome!
  • Options
    When my FI and I moved in together we got a PB set that we loved. However the dinner plates do not fit in the cabinet and have chipped quite a bit. So, we decided to go with C&B for our registry. I am going to check out Fiestaware, though, after all the great reviews!
  • Options
    so I think we are going with the fiesta....we COULD NOT decide!  Those of you that got the fiesta....did you get one solid color or multiple?  I see them in pictures mainly as multiple colors of dishes....

we are going with fiesta bc of how it's made.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards