Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Anyone own Calphalon Contemporary Stainless cookware?

Do you find that they are very difficult to clean?  Are you satisfied with them?  I'm trying to decide between these or a nonstick set.  Thanks!

Re: Anyone own Calphalon Contemporary Stainless cookware?

• Options
    I do not not have the stainless, I have the nonstick. BUT...my sister-in-law has the stainless, and it is her absolute favorite wedding present! She LOVES them! I think you are golden either way! I used to work at BB&B and helped many couples register...coming from that role, I would say- "How often do you cook?" The stainless is for people who cook all the time, want to "gourmet cook like Emeril" and are looking for the browning that stainless cookware can offer. Nonstick is for those who cook, but arent getting fancy. I wouldn't say my sister-in-law is a fancy cook though. Now it's down to personal preference! But I love the Calphalon Comtemporary collection in either finish, and recommend them to everyone!! Hope that helps!!
  • Options
    I have the stainless.  I love it. I don't find it difficult to clean at all.  And I think it will last longer than a non-stick set would. 

I wouldn't buy a non-stick set, ever.  I think the non-stick coating is difficult to care for and I'm bothered by the fumes it can release when heated. 
  • Options

FWIW, I have had my caphalon non-stick set for 2.5 years and they still look brand new.  They are probably the greatest Christmas present that I have received in any recent years.  I love them!  I don't have to stir things constantly while I cook.  You can bake or cook in them, and everything wipes right off with just a sponge.  They really require no care at al as long as you use the proper utensils with them (softer materials, not something like stainless).

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We do and it's great!

We've only been using ours for about 6 weeks now, but I'm a big fan.  It was a bit of an adjustment going from cheap nonstick cookware to nice stainless cookware, but I'm catching on.  It's not a big deal, and I really like that they don't have the nonstick coating which I think usually turns gross after awhile.  We haven't had trouble cleaning them at all--you just have to be a bit more careful to spray the pans well before you use them!  (You're not supposed to use aerosol based sprays like Pam, though, so we just got an olive oil pump and I love it!)
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_anyone-own-calphalon-contemporary-stainless-cookware?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:a1fd4d02-c135-4546-969a-7c085526db8dPost:e44ea302-6a94-4655-8b24-cbf53c7840b2">Re: Anyone own Calphalon Contemporary Stainless cookware?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't buy a non-stick set, ever.  I think the non-stick coating is difficult to care for and I'm bothered by the fumes it can release when heated. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

The Calphalon Contemporary non-stick is hard anodized aluminum, not Teflon coated.  The Teflon coating can release fumes when heated to very high temps.  The hard anodized aluminum does not and is a safe and durable finish (good alternative to Teflon coated pans).

<a href="http://www.slashfood.com/2006/01/26/alternatives-to-nonstick-cookware/" rel="nofollow">http://www.slashfood.com/2006/01/26/alternatives-to-nonstick-cookware/</a>
  • Options
    We have a mixture of both and you can't go wrong with either.  Both are very easy to clean.  If you register for individual pots and pans then you can customize for what you need. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine has not aged well... I prefer All Clad to be honest. And I cook a lot... FYI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards