Registry and Gift Forum

TARGET REGISTRY SUCKS!!!!!

Just sharing my experience with knotties who might anticipate using them. One of my friends is having a baby and only registered with Target for their shower. I purchased 2 items off the registry. When I went back to make sure the items were taken off the registry (as I always do with any registry), they were showing as 'still needed'. I called customer service immediately and they told me to wait a half hour. I called back in a half hour, they told me to wait a full hour. Waited a full hour, still no luck. I asked to cancel it, they could not cancel the order. Item still shows as needed. Nobody speaks English as a first language which drives me crazy and they kept telling me to wait until it was too late to cancel. 

I've always try to order off someones registry so they can get what they want, but this makes me not want a dime of mine to go to Target. So keep that in mind if you plan on using them. I am still not sure if I plan on returning the item. I would also hate for it to come off the registry eventually and then I'd return it and they'd not get it at all. Stupid registry!!!! 

Re: TARGET REGISTRY SUCKS!!!!!

• I had no issues with them beyond normal discontinued merchandise woes, but that was 6 years ago, and things change. I've definitely heard a lot of horror stories lately. :(
  • They "updated" their website recently... and it now is total piece of crap.  

I had no issues with my registry for my wedding a year and a half ago, but our baby registry has been a real pain to deal with.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Over half the stuff I got off my Target registry at my shower was listed as "still needed" when I checked the website the day after. I'm wondering how many things have been purchased as wedding gifts, but haven't been taken off. I already got a few duplicates at the shower, so I have a feeling we will be doing a lot of returns after the wedding. I love shopping at Target, but I definitely would not reccommend their registry to anyone!
  • Glad I caught this thread. I was going to register their today.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_target-registry-sucks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:aab14904-faf5-4f8e-9462-e2acb7cd4c3ePost:d74d7fa8-ac61-47d6-99ea-1ed822e5212f">Re: TARGET REGISTRY SUCKS!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad I caught this thread. I was going to register their today.
    Posted by Lisariqua[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, there are always a lot of complaints about the Target registries on TK.  Some girls say they don't have problems, but I can't think of another store on here that has had so many complaints.</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_target-registry-sucks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:aab14904-faf5-4f8e-9462-e2acb7cd4c3ePost:d74d7fa8-ac61-47d6-99ea-1ed822e5212f">Re: TARGET REGISTRY SUCKS!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad I caught this thread. I was going to register their today.
    Posted by Lisariqua[/QUOTE]

<div>Noooooo!!</div>
  • I canceled my registry with them about a week ago. I hear you! It wouldn't let me log in and when it finally did, I deleted it. We went to BBB. They are kinda pushy and want someone to walk around with you (so you put more stuff on your list) but if you say you want to go alone, they should let you. They let us do our own thing. We scanned a bunch of stuff because she basically said she wouldn't be happy until we had X items on our list. I went home and deleted the stuff we didn't really want. :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, in hindsight, I definitely wouldn't have registered there. We have a Macy's registry that had an equal amount of stuff to the Target registry, and we did both because I figured we'd be able to get more varying price points by going to Target as well (towels and sheets and stuff were much cheaper at Target). But in the end, most people are shopping off of our Macy's registry, anyway (or maybe there are an equal amount of people shopping off of the Target registry, the stuff just isn't coming off the Target one!). But now I kind of wish we had gone with BBB or Kohl's or something for a "secondary" registry. 
  • Yeah I had heard they changed things up. We registered there for our wedding this past July and had a fine experience with them. But it sounds like, as of late, they have had a lot of issues. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • My Target registry had been a horror. End of story.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love shopping there but I would definitely stay away from there for registries.  I bought my friend her entire set of towels and it was never taken off the registry.  She got 4 sets of towels at her shower!!!  It turned into a big joke at her bridal shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a Target registry and it works just fine. Just like with any other large company, there will be issues with employees at certain stores not doing their job & issues with the website not functioning at 100%. I don't feel it's that big of a deal, but I'm the minority.
  • I love shopping there but target registry is the worst! I swear my cousin got 15 measuring cup sets for her bridal shower because it always said that the ticket was still needed!
  • I hate hearing all these things about Target because my fiance and I are going to register there. Hoping ours is one that goes well. I have noticed their website works significantly worse than their old one.

But I LOVE Target and they have items we want to register for that aren't carried elsewhere (camping equipment, board games... cheaper, fun things) We used Crate & Barrel for most household items though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards