Registry and Gift Forum

Help! Pyrex vs, Corningware??

What do you know about Pyrex and Corningware?  What do you have, and what do you think is better to register for?  Thank you! Smile

Re: Help! Pyrex vs, Corningware??

• I like Pyrex baking dishes for brownies, casseroles, and I especially love Pyrex measuring cups.  That being said, I was also raised on Corningware for smaller casserole dishes (taller sides and usually a nice glass lid) and for pot-luck or big family dinners... corningware was all over the table.  So... maybe not one or the other, but a good mix to cover the different sizes of dishes you anticipate using.  

HTH! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • We have both and love them.  If you're registering, I suggest registering for both.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're registering for corningware for casserole dishes - like PP said - with the glass lids. 
  • i have both and i love them too. i dont really care for the round corningware, because i prefer casserole dishes that have handles, so i got the Corningware Etched set (and my kitchen is green so it worked) and my pyrex has handles.

a little off topic.......i also have a set of the pyrex mixing bowls (the set of 4 with lids) and they are fantastic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_pyrex-vs-corningware?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:ab3d0864-52ac-4cfb-8e80-5ae395d3d2cePost:273f2553-784a-4c65-a9c3-0f5a7d2125e4">Re: Help! Pyrex vs, Corningware??</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have both and i love them too. i dont really care for the round corningware, because i prefer casserole dishes that have handles, so i got the Corningware Etched set (and my kitchen is green so it worked) and my pyrex has handles. a little off topic......<strong>.i also have a set of the pyrex mixing bowls (the set of 4 with lids) and they are fantastic</strong>
    Posted by futurepivko[/QUOTE]

I only have a set of 3, but they are the greatest thing ever. So useful.
    imageimageimage
  • I also registered for both, and have already received all of it between showers and early wedding presents. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I third the pyrex mixing bowls with lids (we actually got a set of 4 bowls w/lids from Costco).  I like pyrex for baking--we got a set that has plastic airtight lids, which I'm excited about.  We also got a set of round corningwares, which is what I grew up with, with the glass lids.  Le Creuset stoneware is also nice for baking.  I don't know if corningware has this issue, but pyrex can shatter if you go from hot to cold too quickly--this happened to my former roommate, and she thought she let the pan cool down enough--you just have to be careful.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_pyrex-vs-corningware?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:ab3d0864-52ac-4cfb-8e80-5ae395d3d2cePost:78fb8297-5c09-44fd-ba2e-32900eeaa52a">Re: Help! Pyrex vs, Corningware??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help! Pyrex vs, Corningware?? : I only have a set of 3, but they are the greatest thing ever. So useful.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

yes they are!
  • Thank you all SO much! I really appreciate all of your input :)
  • I love my pyrex jumbo measuring cup!  Being able to measure 3 cups of liquid in one go is awesome. 

(I really like the rest of my pyrex, we use it often).  I do not have corningware, so Iam not super helpful. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Both! I love, love, love Pyrex, but also registered for Corningware casserole dishes bc the stores I registered had a better selection of them, than Pyrex ones.
  • I've never experienced Corningware, but I love Pyrex, expecially the mixing bowls with lids!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the Pryex with lids- I have zero plastic tupperware anymore- I also love the big lasagna-esque pans with lids too- so I love them.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards