Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Can I register for this?

I'm wondering if I could register for stuff for my cats on my wedding registry or if that would just be tacky? Not a litter box or anything, but maybe like a cat tree for them? Just wondering.....

Re: Can I register for this?

• Options
    I am kind of torn on this - I kinda think it would be weird since a cat tree is really for the cat. I did put a cute dog treat jar on my Crate and Barrel registry but that is more decorative and and for my benefit rather than the dog's. I guess I personally wouldn't include something like a cat tree on my registry. I'm interested to see other's opinions on this, too.
  • Options
    I added a cat treat jar from Crate & Barrel - but that's about as far I'd go with cat stuff.
  • Options
    We registered for one item for our pet hedgehog and guess what- my friend got it for us.  As long as you limit it to 1 or 2 things I think you'll be ok.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would side-eye this.  Buy a cat tree with the money you get from your wedding.  They're really not that expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I registered for some cat bowls...no one got them. I love cats, have several & everyone knows that about me. So it was kind of a gag gift, in a way. But not, because then I went & bought them myself after my shower. 
  • Options
    I think everyone made good points.
    Our cat is our baby. We can't have kids unless we adopt. So I say go for it! Why not? Your cat is family too.
    I recommend the book "The Ultimate Wedding Registry Workbook" by Sharon Naylor.
    According to her and the book, there's a classy way of registering for just about anything you want and need.
  • Options
    Lol I would totally buy that for someone! Because then I can get their review on it before I bought it for my own kitties! If you don't think anyone will buy it, then refrain from it. If you think at least 10% of your guests might consider it, and no one realistically would be offended by it, then why not?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    I dont know about a cat tree, but perhaps an item or two that you and your pets would find useful. Example at the store I plan to register at they have a dog hiking pack. Since my FI, 1, & our dog go hiking OFTEN It is very practical for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards