Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gift Opening Invite - Wording Help

The day after the wedding we are having a small group gather for brunch and a gift opening. I am trying to think of what to put on the invite I am sending them and I have nothing! I want something cute/fun and nothing that says I request their presence.

(Note: Please no comments about if you think this is a good idea or not, only looking for wording help)

Thanks all!

Re: Gift Opening Invite - Wording Help

• Options
    I would only give the invites for family only and then maybe to the wedding party.  Watching people open gifts, expecially if there are a lot of wedding gifts, gets old and boring.  It's kinda attention grabbing too.  I know I felt awkward when so and so's cousin gave the B&G 100$ while we only gave them $50. 

as for wording, don't know about that.  The only time I ever went to a gift opening thing was by word of mouth.  I was never sent a invite to it. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you sending separate invitations for this or including it in those people's wedding invitations?
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    I would say word of mouth, or just mention the brunch. It doesn't have to be cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    BlakeKBlakeK member
    First Comment
    No I would send them separately. The only reason I would send them was to get a count on how much food I need to prepare.

I already know who I am inviting and why, just need help with wording. Didn't know if other people made invites or not.
  • Options
    I would just mention coming to the brunch as well and not mention the part about opening gifts. 
  • Options

I don't think there is any specific wording required or even the need for an actual invite.

If you are doing a gift opening party I'm assuming that your family and social group know what they are and what to expect.  I think word of mouth is all that is required since I'm assuming it would only be immediate family and WP.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    I am like you... I know it is not necessary to have an invitation, but I think it would be a good way to make your guests feel  special. I came up with this for wording... It is a little cheesy and you can add your details at the end or whatever.

The cake will be gone
    and the wedding  complete

Join us before we embark
     on our honeymoon retreat.

At 11:00 we  will gather for brunch,
    As we open gifts, mingle, and munch.

I will probably put them in the welcome basket for the guests that are staying overnight in the hotel and wedding party in their gift bags.... That way they don't feel obligated to watch the gifts being opened, and you get to see them before they leave... I know it is cheesy.... hope it helps??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards