Registry and Gift Forum
Options

How to split up two registeries?

Hi ladies, we are doing Macy's and BBB. We couldn't find china we liked at Macy's so we'll hopefully find it at BBB. Other than that, what categories of things would you get at each of these stores? We found pots and pans at Macy's already. I want to categorize so we don't have mis-matched things witih half a set from one place, etc. How did you do this? Thanks!

Re: How to split up two registeries?

• Options
    I just looked for things I liked at each place. We put bedding on our Macy's registry, because we liked their selection better. Fiesta ware also went on Macy's. Other kitcheny things went on BBB, because they have a bigger selection.

You should be able to access both of those registries online, which gives you the opportunity to play around and add/remove things pretty easily. Just get a feel for what you like at each store, and if you need to, keep them both open in separate tabs so you can compare.
  • Options
    We registered at BBB and Williams Sonoma. Things that matched in sets stayed together at one or another registry. Mostly, I looked at reviews and felt the products to figure out which I liked more. No real method other than getting the products I like.
  • Options
    hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    We are putting the pricier items at Macy's because I have a Macy's credit card and will get 5% back on everything people buy for us from them (and 10% back on everything I spend, which should come in handy when I buy wedding party gifts and FI's watch), so that's what I recommend. Also, ditto PP: we did fiesta at Macy's because it's carried in store, and I also put a little bedding on there (though I did split this between Macy's and PB).  I also put fine china at Macy's and saved kitchen gadgets and things for our WS registry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    music11music11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We registered at BBB and Pottery Barn.  Formal china and kitchen stuff went on the BBB registry.  We registered for casual dishes, bedding and towels at Pottery Barn.  I wasn't in love with any of the bedding at BBB, so that helped with the decision.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_how-to-split-up-two-registeries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b8657b8a-e667-4b42-88ff-e6492f5332bbPost:410bb4d3-0e3b-452f-845a-1bd0244b5143">Re: How to split up two registeries?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We registered at BBB and Pottery Barn.  Formal china and kitchen stuff went on the BBB registry.  We registered for casual dishes, bedding and towels at Pottery Barn.  <strong>I wasn't in love with any of the bedding at BBB, so that helped with the decision.</strong>
    Posted by music11[/QUOTE]

This exactly. It was more about tastes for stuff like stoneware and bedding... and for most appliances we stuck with BBB.
    Our other registry is Crate and Barrel.
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    We registered at Macy's first, and then moved things from Macy's to BB&B to fill in.  A lot of the stuff we picked is available at both stores, so it was fairly easy for us.
  • Options
    I don't know about BB&B, but smaller things, like napkins and cherry pitters, Macy's doesn't carry online. I'd do duplicates when you register in-store, then remove things that aren't also available online. So, I entered the same cherry pitter into both my Macy's and Sur la Table registries, but I'll take it off my Macy's registry 'cause it's not available online from Macy's, but is available online and in-store at Sur la Table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards