Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Shower Ideas

Hi ladies.  I'm lurking on here from the bump....it's been almost two years since I was on the knot...(wow that's crazy!)  Anyway, I'm trying to help a friend out.  She and her husband to be already live together and don't need anything that you would traditionally see on a bridal registry, but she really does want a bridal shower of some kind, she just doesn't know what kind.  I suggested a honeymoon themed shower, but she thinks she is going to end up having the shower after the honeymoon because it's so soon.  (They are doing a destination wedding/honeymoon in one, and just the two of them will be there.)  They do plan on having a party / reception after they get back.  Any ideas I can pass along to her?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shower Ideas

• Options
    People who aren't invited to the wedding shouldn't be invited to any prewedding parties (or postwedding parties that generally happy prewedding, like showers).  Even if it's not the intention, it comes off as "give me gifts eventhough I didn't care to invite you to see the relevant occasion, i.e. the marriage ceremony."  Also, she shouldn't be throwing her own shower, in any event (not sure if that's going on, too). 

When couples decide to have an intimate ceremony, they forgo showers, engagement parties, etc. 
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    I am not a fan of themed showers.  She should make a small registry if she wants to receive gifts she actually wants.  For a DW a small shower would be appropriate. Close friends and family only.  I am SURE there are some things her and her H could use upgrades on, and they can't possibly have EVERYTHING they need.  Has she been to BBB lately?  Surely there's a few Oxo tools she could use or something...even decor, linens or things like that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_shower-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:bab36476-2629-4f42-8217-65aac4d8da60Post:75dda3af-91f9-4f2a-9c0e-3937fbfb4b26">Re: Shower Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]People who aren't invited to the wedding shouldn't be invited to any prewedding parties (or postwedding parties that generally happy prewedding, like showers).  Even if it's not the intention, it comes off as "give me gifts eventhough I didn't care to invite you to see the relevant occasion, i.e. the marriage ceremony."  Also, she shouldn't be throwing her own shower, in any event (not sure if that's going on, too).  When couples decide to have an intimate ceremony, they forgo showers, engagement parties, etc. 
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

This.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards