Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Adding an Expensive Item Question

We bought a house 8 months and lived together in our condo for 5 yrs before that so we basically have everything we need.  There are a few things I will be putting in a registry just to update linens, towels, etc. 

However, our new home came with really old washer and dryer.  The washer works sometimes and the dryer is done.  I feel bad adding those two to the registry, not sure if its ok or considered too much.  What do you ladies think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Adding an Expensive Item Question

• Options
    I wouldnt add it. A friend of mine put a couch on her registry and there was a lot of talk about how tacky it was. It looks like you are expecting people to spend BIG money on you
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Makes sense! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would add it. You could probably get a good discount on the appliances, and with something as practical as a washer and dryer I can't see people calling you tacky. Knowing that was on your registry, I would proabably get you a gift card to the store and write a note that says "for your new washer" or something. Just keep your guest in mind... if the majority would think it innapropriate, dont add it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would add sears gift cards, and make a note to explain:

"We've asked for 10 Sears giftcards because we hope to combine these into the purchase of a new Washer and Dryer set.  Thank you SO much!"

Then I'd register for 4 $100 cards, 4 $50 cards, & 2 $25 cards, or something similar.

$650.00 should do the trick, yes?

Good luck!
  • Options
    I'd put it on the registry just to get the discount after the wedding! Depending on where you registered, sometimes you can add comments to your registry items...maybe that would help?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards