Registry and Gift Forum

3 Registries..?

I'm thinking of Registering at Pottery Barn and Bed bath and beyond, and maybe Macy's.  Is it okay to register at 3 different places or does it look too gift grabby?  The only reason why I would be registering at Macy's is for the fine china and maybe some other nice crystal pieces.  Should I just combine Macy's with BBB?

Re: 3 Registries..?

• 3 is fine. Anything more than that is overkill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Popular opinion on here is that 3 is fine.  Personally I think 3 looks gift grabby.
  • 3 is fine.  A lot of this depends on region.  New England tends to do physical gifts for the shower, cash for the wedding - that means you need fewer items.  Down where I live we give physical gifts for both so you need larger lists.  I often see 5+ registries and don't really think anything of it.  Usually one or two stores are local shops or specialty fine china/silver stores, often one store in the bride's hometown and the other in the groom's.

Personally I always advise registry stalking people in your circle and seeing what was the norm for them.  I'm on the low end of my friends with 4 registries.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it depends entirely on the number of gifts on each registry.

If your guest list is say, 100 people, and you have 35 gifts on each registry, I can't imagine how that would look gift grabby. However, if you have 200 gifts on each registry... then yeah... weird.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I personally have 3 (Crate & Barrel, BBB, & Macy's).  The bulk of my registry is at BBB because I like that people can use the 10% off coupons to buy things.  I like C&B servingware, so that's where I got most of that stuff.  I personally dislike Macy's as a store, so I only used them for literally 3 items (things I could get at the above 2 stores).  I was pleasantly surprised to find that BBB carries some really high-end brands for flatware & crystal.  I would check out BBB first and see if they carry items/brands that you like.  Then you may not need a Macy's registry afterall.
  • I think three is totally fine!  Four is a bit much in my opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards