Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registering for gifts

Someone asked me "What do you buy for two people who already live together?" ani could not answer the question.What do i do? Do i go around the house looking for things that could be upgraded? or do i ask for monetary gifts? some people my get offended if you ask for money but what do you think knot brides???

Re: Registering for gifts

• Options
    Never ask for money. Ever. Register for some upgrades, and let your close family pass the word *only when asked* that you have a small registry, but you're really saving for a down payment on a house, or for furniture, or whatever you may want the money for...
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Options
    Never ask for money.  You can upgrade to better towels, hi thread count sheets, new appliances, luggage, electronics, etc.  There is a sticky at the top of this board that has some great ideas of things to register for. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm actually running into this problem.  We just moved into our house in October and got a lot of new house stuff then.  We are slowly building our registry but it really is hard to think of what to put on there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Lisa T's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Books read in 2011: 32 of 75
  • Options
    lisam, check out Brie's sticky note at the top of the page.  There are lots of ideas there for things you might not think to register for.
  • Options
    There are so many things to register for. My husband and I lived together for 2 years before our wedding, and we were in our house 6 months before the wedding. We had zero problems registering. New towels, sheets, bathroom accessories and shower curtains, a ton of kitchen items (upgrades and things we wanted like a food processor and nice knives).
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ... Man. I wasn't even thinking of doing that, registering for things that need replacing. (We've been living together for almost two years.)

That said, the only thing I can think of that needs replacing is the TV... so maybe I'll just go ahead and not register, like I planned. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards