Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Kohls vs Belk

FI and I are going to do our registry soon. I know for sure that I want to set up a registry at BBB because I have heard so many great things about their return policy plus they always have those 20% coupons! I can't decide for my 2nd registry if I want to go with Kohls or Belk. I know Belk is only in the south but I don't have any guests coming from a different region so that wouldn't be a problem for me. What are your opinions of these 2 stores? Love them? Hate them? Which would you choose?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Kohls vs Belk

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_kohls-vs-belk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:c43f89a1-77ec-48f1-b31d-7ac5806b0092Post:d086fbfd-89fb-437a-8cda-4ec20913e0eb">Re: Kohls vs Belk</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kohls has questionable quantity, and Belk has iffy customer service.  I'd go for Macy's or Dillard's.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

The town I live in doesn't have either one of those stores. They are about 45 min away so I was trying to stick with stores we have here in town. Belk ended up getting my info from a bridal show I went to and automatically signed me up for a registry so it shows I have a registry there with nothing on it which is weird.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I registered at Belk and, while it was nice because it's more "local", I did have some issues.

Purchased items did not come off of the registry from time to time, even if it was scanned at checkout.  My "friends and family store" did not have a single piece of my china at one point in time.  It's a pattern that is very simple, not expensive and has been around for a few years.  One of the employees at the store was telling people they would have to drive to the next town to get the china instead of offering to order it like she was supposed to.  That was taken care of however.  My mom ordered some china from another employee and they ended up mailing us the wrong items.  They let us keep the incorrect items because of all the hassle we had been through with the store and sent us the correct items as well.  While there were some issues, they did try to correct them!

A plus is that things do not get discontinued very often.  It happens, but only about 2 or 3 things ended up being discontinued from our registry and that was mainly after our wedding, so it didn't matter anyway.  I also liked their registry weekends because there were not many exclusions.   One of the worst thing about Belk is that their coupons hardly work on anything.  During the registry weekends though, there are very few exclusions on any brands or sale prices.  

I think some of it depends on if you want china and fancy silverware; that's one thing Belk has that Kohl's does not.  Otherwise, it's totally up to you!  We registered at BBB and Belk!  Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am not too far from you, I am in Moore County. We are out in the middle of nowhere so the closest dillards or macys is in Fayetteville. After hearing yours and Callies experience with Belk I am leaning towards just going to Fayetteville and registering at Dillards. Its not like I will be forcing people here in town to drive out there because I will also have BBB which is local.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thats a good idea! I think I will do that because I have people coming from out of town that have Dillards
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Belk is not all bad, but I definitely wanted to warn you of the problems I had!  The thing about Belk is that if they would just update their entire system, most of their problems would be solved IMO.  They can't even take debit cards to pay off your credit card bill in store.  

Anyway, you ladies are on the opposite side of the state from me!  I'm in Wilkes County, but originally from Davidson County. 

I think registering at both would be good!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bdaly615bdaly615 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2014
  • Options

I am not too far from you, I am in Moore County. We are out in the middle of nowhere so the closest dillards or macys is in Fayetteville. After hearing yours and Callies experience with Belk I am leaning towards just going to Fayetteville and registering at Dillards. Its not like I will be forcing people here in town to drive out there because I will also have BBB which is local.

Can you please tell me which store in Moore county that you were shopping at? Was it the Southern Pines store or a different store? Thanks!!
  • Options
    bdaly615 said:

Can you please tell me which store in Moore county that you were shopping at? Was it the Southern Pines store or a different store? Thanks!!
    This bride is long gone, she hasn't logged on since last Nov.

@Knotporscha Zombie! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards