Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Too feminine for couple's bedroom?

My fiancé and I have been having varying opinions on what is too and is not too feminine when it comes to bedding.  I stumbled across this bedding today, and happen to really like it.  We've gone back and forth and I finally suggested posting here to get other opinions.  So, what do you think? Is this bedding neutral enough for both of us? http://www.target.com/p/target-home-medallion-reversible-bedding-collection/-/A-13951516

Re: Too feminine for couple's bedroom?

• Options
    This is 100% personal opinion. We would be fine with it.
  • Options
    I don't think my fiancee or I would call that "too feminine" or "girly".  However, it wouldn't end up in our bedroom because it's not our style. 
  • Options
    I would say it's a little feminine, but honestly, isn't most home decor unless you find it in a boy's dorm room?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    It really doesn't matter what we think.  Personally, it is way to busy for me.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    I think that pattern is great for an accent pillow, but IMO too busy for a whole bed.  I prefer calmer bedrooms in terms of decor.  With that being said, I don't think it's too feminine.
  • Options
    It only matters what you two think.  It's way too busy for me, but that's just my personal opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    The only person who can say if it is too feminine for your fiance is your fiance. It IS a little feminine in my opinion.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I agree with PPs...this is a choice that should be made between you & your FI. Personally, I dont like bright colors in the bedroom and this isnt my style. But, if both of you like it, go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe they have throw pillows in that pattern? You could get solid duvet and sheets, and then add the throw pillows for just a hint of pattern.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Ask your finance-- I wouldn't say feminine per say but I think its a little too "college dormy" looking/ younger as opposed to a bedroom set for a husband and wife bit that is just my opinion.  If you and your finace like it that is all that matters.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I personally don't think it's too feminine, and neither would my fiance. I could pick out pink unicorns and daisies and my fiance wouldn't care. Not that I would...

But ultimately what matters is what your fiance thinks. If he picked out someone you thought was too masculine, would you want him to use the internet for backup?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards