Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gift for Bride

My friend just sprung it on me that her and her fiance are getting married next weekend. I live out of town and can't make it. I need some suggestions for something special and meaningful to send her on the wedding day. I don't want to just send flowers. Any help, ladies?

This is actually an extremely small and intimate wedding, so she will have time to open a gift and she said she is really sad I won't be there but she understands, so I really want to send something meaningful, not off a registry or typical.

Thanks!

Re: Gift for Bride

• Options
    What is your budget?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't really thought about that. I can't spend 100150 probably.
  • Options
    If you want something unique and non-registry, I would go for some cute date night idea. For instance, for H's cousin who recently eloped (thus no registry, but we still wanted to give a gift) we put together some fancy cloth napkins and nice taper candles with a tag saying "for date nights in" and a gift card to their favorite restaurant saying "for date nights out". Unless you know their tastes really well, I'd stay away from off registry objects. It can be quite annoying to suddenly have a house full of picture frames that don't match your style!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gift-for-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:cb128903-0da7-45d9-bfb8-d62174ac5114Post:4c9b9577-b8dc-4fb4-9275-a8755e49493f">Gift for Bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend just sprung it on me that her and her fiance are getting married next weekend. I live out of town and can't make it. I need some suggestions for something special and meaningful to send her on the wedding day. I don't want to just send flowers. Any help, ladies? This is actually an extremely small and intimate wedding, so she will have time to open a gift and she said she is really sad I won't be there but she understands, so I really want to send something meaningful, not off a registry or typical. Thanks!
    Posted by mndabwn[/QUOTE]

<div>My two most "meaningful" wedding gifts from friends were: Museum memberships for us as a couple and a case of "anniversary wines" including one for the honeymoon. I've been able to use both of them (partially) already!</div>
  • Options
    I have spended more money for wedding gifts. Thanks for your forum
  • Options
    Tons of cute unique gift ideas! check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonstonecreation. it is such a cute shop with tons of military related jewelry, keychains, cufflinks, etc... Makes great wedding gifts for bridesmaids & groomsmen. I really like the "love is trading in your perals for his dog tags" so sweet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards