Registry and Gift Forum

NWR Gift Question--Parents with new baby

Some dear friends of mine just had their first baby.  I would like to send a little something to the parents to make the first few weeks easier, but I live out-of-town.  Would an Edible Arrangement be a good idea?  (I know they like the ingredients).  If not, any other suggestions?   TIA! 

Re: NWR Gift Question--Parents with new baby

• I think food is always a great idea for new parents. 
  • I would probably send a fruit basket over an edible arrangment.  They go a bit further. 

You could also look at maybe a Groupon for housecleaning, or something similar. 
  • I once sent an Omaha Steak package to a friend of mine with a new baby.  She and her husband loved it.  You can purchase prepared meals for them.  All that they would have to do is pop them in the oven.  I'm not sure what your budget is as they can be a bit pricey but its an idea for you to think over.
    "But the most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just Fabulous." - Carrie Sex and the City
  • When my sister had my niece I sent them a GC for a "Dish-n-Dash" package at Lets Dish (click).  I know they really appreciated it.  There are similar companies in most major metro areas.
  • Even gift certificates to local restaurants that do carry out or their favorite pizza place would be good.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_nwr-gift-question-parents-with-new-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:cb140ea8-77d3-432a-bd6c-afb41e5edb2ePost:b796fe91-2059-42dd-83cb-650a1552fb53">Re: NWR Gift Question--Parents with new baby</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would probably send a fruit basket over an edible arrangment.  They go a bit further.  <strong>You could also look at maybe a Groupon for housecleaning, or something similar</strong>. 
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]

this is a great idea
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I sent my sister and her husband some chocolate covered strawberries.    They loved them.  

Edible arrangements that are cut-up fruit can go bad quickly, and take up a LOT of space in the fridge.   I would recommend something that would last longer and not take up as much space.
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards