Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Duplicate Registries or Split Them Up?

I'm having a small destination wedding, so my registry is fairly small.  (I'm inviting about 120, but expect to only have about 40 attend.)  My FI was insistent that we register at two places (because Macys isn't everywhere but BBB is, blah blah blah) so we registered at Macys and BBB.

Almost everything that I registered for is available at both places.  I recognize that some people will want to use the BBB coupons while some will want to use their Macys coupons or wait for Macys sales. 

Question: Should I duplicate registries at each place to make sure there are tons of choices at all price points (and register stalk to reduce the other registry as things are purchased) or just split up the items as best as I can, knowing that it is likely that I will run out of options at certain price points fairly quickly?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Duplicate Registries or Split Them Up?

• Options
    I say split them up. It is going to drive you crazy if you get duplicates of items (especially since not all will come with gift receipts). Then you have to go through the hassle of store credit.

Split them up and monitor your registries - if you start to run out of things in one price range at one store, add more.

FWIW - we also registered at Macys and BB&B. We registered for most of the small kitchen items at BB&B. We did do a few at Macys, but our Macys registry contained more expensive items than our BB&B one.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I would register for differnt things.  Also, if you can get everything at one store why not just register at one store?  Even if that store isn't in someones area the internet is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the first poster; split them up and add things at different price points as needed.
  • Options
    Agreed...also if you can I'd try to put expensive items that Macy's typically doesn't put on sale on your BBB registry so that guests could use coupons!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone - I'm def. taking your advice and splitting them up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards