Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Do 3rd Weddings get gifts?

We're going to my FI's friends wedding this weekend. It's his third marriage. I'm snooped around and haven't been able to find them registered anywhere. Do we bring a gift? Money?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do 3rd Weddings get gifts?

• Options
    Gift card for a lawyer?

Just kidding... I would write them a check IMO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you want to get him a gift?  If so, I'd say check or GC or maybe a GC to a restaurant? 

Did you get him a gift for his previous 2 weddings?  If so, I'd say you probably don't have to get him a gift.  But obviously I'm sure they'd like it if you did!
  • Options
    You can always give a gift if you like.  Etiquette says you don't register after the first wedding, so you probably won't find a registry for them.  

I'd go with a GC for a date night, a restaurant, tickets, or something.  Otherwise, cash in a card always works.
  • Options
    I vote gift card for a restaurant they like. While I don't think there's a" rule" saying you have to/don't have to bring a gift to a third wedding, personally I'd feel like a jerk going to pretty much any wedding completely empty handed.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I would give money. You can't go wrong with that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also would probably do a gift card. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Another vote for a gift card, or an Amex gift card (that they could use anywhere- like on their honeymoon) with a card and a note.
  • Options
    If you're going to a party where someone is providing your dinner and entertainment, it's in good taste to bring a gift. A GC is a great idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards