Registry and Gift Forum

Groomsmen Gifts-Need Serious Help!

My fiance is trying to look for a unique idea for his groomsmen gifts.  All of the guys before him have done the personalized mugs, shotglasses, cufflinks, cigar tubes, flasks, etc.  We want to do something unique without breaking the bank to be "different".  Any suggestions?

Re: Groomsmen Gifts-Need Serious Help!

• Have him think about what he would normally buy them for a birthday.  My DH got his BM a bottle of scotch and some nice glasses b/c he loves scotch, another GM he got a serious swiss army knife engraved with a personal joke.  Those were things that were perfect for them. 

Do your FI's GMs have any hobbies?  Favorite sports teams?  How do they spend their free time?  Those are probably good places to start.
  • edited November 2009
    We are going to give our groomsmen omaha steak gift packages.  All men like steak and packages start at around $35.  Also a thought, beer of the month club.  Fun and different ideas and something they will definitely use!!  Good luck!
  • I think we might get nice ties for the guys - they can wear them on the wedding day and then take them home. We might do tie clips as well. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got the guys swiss army knives with their names engraved.
  • FI got his groomsman a cigar cutter. Also a nice bottle of wine that they would each like. A week before the wedding he is going out and getting them each a few very nice cigars.

For my father we got Omaha steak gift card, which we know he will love. For his father we found a 1994 hallmark ornament that is the Beatles (he's obsessed). It was impossible to find anywhere, so we know he will be excited. (it's actually 6 ornaments in 1).

I liked all three ideas (as I came up with them all) but they didn't need another beer mug/watch/money clip/wallet.....
  • Give them something that makes sense for the individual.  Just because they're all in your WP doesn't mean they'll all use/love the same matching gift.  And, no, they don't need anything with your name or wedding date engraved on it.  Although they're happy to stand up for you on your wedding day, they're not going to celebrate your anniversary - no need to have a reminder in their pocket all the time.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • If they like grilling, then you can also get them a thing that will brand the steak- a branding iron

http://www.texasirons.com/

FYI:  I was at Buc-ee's (i think they exist in TX only) and saw a single initial branding iron for $9.
  • Homediva, a tie for the wedding is not a present.  It is a wedding accessory.  
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • My DH found all of his friends in bars.  When he hangs out with them, they go to other bars.  Beer is their hobby.

So he got them sets of different kinds of beer glasses and some craft beers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards