Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Addison Event Center Brides/Guests

Hi Everyone!

My fiance, MOH and I went on a tour of this facility today and I love it. It's a beautiful hall inside and the price is remarkable. I am seriously thinking about booking but I have just a few concerns that's keeping me from signing the dotted line and I am hoping you ladies can help me.

I'm wanting to hold both ceremony and reception there but I'm concerned how the transition from the "chapel" (sliding wall that seperates the ceremony space from the rest of the ballroom) is going to be for my guests. From what the owner Henry explained to me...the guests are lead into the hall while they transform the space. He states that it only takes his team 15 minutes to do so. I'm worried that with the tight space in the hall that it may be a little chaotic for my guests which I dont want. Can someone, anyone please post their experience with this whether you were the bride or a guest at a wedding at this location?

The other thing that bothers me a bit is that the venue has no curb appeal. How and what can we do to liven up the outside? Im concerned about photos ( I could totally be overthinking this part but still wondering none the less).

Thanks in advance ladies :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Addison Event Center Brides/Guests

• Options
    A bride several years ago had her ceremony and reception there and I remember thinking that things worked out just fine for her.  She doesn't post here anymore and I'm not sure that any of her information is on our vendor site.  Courtski had her reception there so maybe she will chime in give her opinion about the curb appeal question. 
  • Options
    Thank you Juliebug! I tried to PM the bride that you're speaking of about a week ago and she hasn't responded so I doubt that she keeps up with the site anymore. I would have loved to hear from her. How I wish she still posted.

I will continue searching the site for answers. I don't want to procrastinate too much and have someone grab my date.

Thanks again for your response :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Hi! I had my reception at AEC, and everything was lovely. Henry and Suzan took such great care to make sure everything went off without a hitch. I had my ceremony elsewhere, but I can also give you another perspective.
    I have worked in banquets before, and 'turning a room' goes a lot more quickly than you may think. All of the tables are pre-set in the non-chapel space and ready to be moved into place once they open the dividers. The hallway is a good enough size that you could use that opportunity to do a receiving line to eat up the time between the ceremony and the reception. It would distract your guests enough that it wouldn't seem like that long of a wait--they would be more focused on seeing you and your husband.
    How large is your guest list?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hi Courtski! Thank you so much for responding, I was hoping that you would! My guest list is 150. I think as long as they don't have the buffet tables out yet we just might be ok. Did you do anything to the outside of the building or leave it as is? I think Im being a tad bit anal about that. It's so beautiful inside that it shouldn't really matter....but it does. Since you've seen the building what do you think of hanging tulle and maybe some pomanders or paper lanterns outside to cover those 2 doors on the side?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here is a wedding I found--maybe this will help you visualize. (And yes you are worrying way too much about the outside aesthetics). http://kandsphotography.net/2009/12/20/chris-and-alyessa-wedding-at-the-addison-event-center/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_addison-event-center-bridesguests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d2a9200c-c5d4-4b51-a81f-35871952cce5Post:e260bf53-8cc3-464f-8469-bfb45d8df8fa">Re: Addison Event Center Brides/Guests</a>:
    [QUOTE] Since you've seen the building what do you think of hanging tulle and maybe some pomanders or paper lanterns outside to cover those 2 doors on the side?
    Posted by Loganwedding2013[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the back doors? I think that the front entrance (which is actually the side of the bldg) is nice. I don't think that you would need to dress it up, especially not with tulle. Paper lanterns wouldn't be bad, but for the short period of time people would be outside, it really may not matter. Since you won't have too many tables for them to move from one side to another, it may take less than 15 minutes for them to turn the ceremony space. I had the room set for 130, and there were only 6 or 7 tables on the far side of the dance floor, which would have been an easy job for them.
    What time of year are you getting married?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_addison-event-center-bridesguests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d2a9200c-c5d4-4b51-a81f-35871952cce5Post:04194c2b-516e-41b5-8ecc-26883596b542">Re: Addison Event Center Brides/Guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here is a wedding I found--maybe this will help you visualize. (And yes you are worrying way too much about the outside aesthetics). <a href="http://kandsphotography.net/2009/12/20/chris-and-alyessa-wedding-at-the-addison-event-center/" rel="nofollow">http://kandsphotography.net/2009/12/20/chris-and-alyessa-wedding-at-the-addison-event-center/</a>
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for this! They had a beautiful ceremony and it looks like a nice sized room too! I wasn't able to see how big it was because there were other tours going on and they were unable to close the sliding door so this helped alot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_addison-event-center-bridesguests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d2a9200c-c5d4-4b51-a81f-35871952cce5Post:8d224ac8-864c-442c-9b68-0423b893d9b9">Re: Addison Event Center Brides/Guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Addison Event Center Brides/Guests : Are you talking about the back doors? I think that the front entrance (which is actually the side of the bldg) is nice. I don't think that you would need to dress it up, especially not with tulle. Paper lanterns wouldn't be bad, but for the short period of time people would be outside, it really may not matter. Since you won't have too many tables for them to move from one side to another, it may take less than 15 minutes for them to turn the ceremony space. I had the room set for 130, and there were only 6 or 7 tables on the far side of the dance floor, which would have been an easy job for them. What time of year are you getting married?
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

In the spring. My date is April 27, 2013

I appreciate all of the information and suggestions! It's great that you've worked in a banquet hall before and can give me some insight into how the room will be transformed because I kind of side-eyed Henry when he said 15 minutes. I really didn't think it was possible. Now it all makes sense.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_addison-event-center-bridesguests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d2a9200c-c5d4-4b51-a81f-35871952cce5Post:56291b6b-56ad-4e89-b40c-454f0de2fe4d">Re: Addison Event Center Brides/Guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Addison Event Center Brides/Guests : Thank you so much for this! They had a beautiful ceremony and it looks like a nice sized room too! I wasn't able to see how big it was because there were other tours going on and they were unable to close the sliding door so this helped alot.
    Posted by Loganwedding2013[/QUOTE]

You're welcome--I really wish Nae's pictures were still up so you could see them but the link doesn't work. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards