Registry and Gift Forum

Anyone Register at MyRegistry.com?

We registered at a website called MyRegistry.com.  I love it!  We can add the things that we want, regardless of what store sells them.  Our guests have a larger variety of stores to chose from if they want to buy it in person, or they can order it online from the store at that website.  If you have a registry at Target or Crate & Barrel, you can link the registry directly to that website.  I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else wants to check it out.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: Anyone Register at MyRegistry.com?

• Oh, and there's an introduction page where you can add a message for anyone who visits your registry and even add pictures!
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • My friend registered there for her baby shower and as a guest trying to buy a gift, I found it sort of hard to use.  When you buy the gift, it takes you off the myregistry website and then you buy the gift and have to go back to myregistry to check the box that you bought it.  Also, if you want to buy more than one thing from different stores, you have to pay separate shipping for each item.  That was kind of a pain because I wanted to buy her a lot of small things and package them together, but ended up having to scrap that idea because the shipping would have been ridiculous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good point.  I didn't think of it that way.
  • I agree.  The site wasn't very user-friendly (so imagine what your not-so-tech-savvy guests would think) and the shipping for each store made the price outrageous.  It was easier and cheaper to not use the site at all.
  • I love the idea of that site, but for what my fiance and I want to register for (lots of Macy's and Bloomingdale's items) and the way our guests are spread out over the country, with lots of elderly family members who aren't Internet savvy, it just didn't make sense. I'm glad someone is taking advantage of it though! If it works for you, then that's awesome! We just have so many people spread out around the country, and lots of families who'd rather visit a store in person than scour around online.
  • I'm using it but I'm also doing Target and Macy's.  I'm putting all the important things I want at Target and Macy's like China and knifes and pots and pans and then fun stuff like mirror placemats and sparkly napkin rings on myregistry. I figure the only people who will use myregistry are people my age so it has gifts in the fifty to twenty five dollar range and then just some stuff that no one will probably buy us but I want it so I'm putting it on there like a memory foam mattress topper.  At least people can see we want it and if they don't want to purchase it, they can give us cash for it or something.  I just don't want to add crap we don't want for the sake of having enough gifts. 
  • I wouldn't recommend it.  The site is not user friendly.  I ended up using it as a sort of guide for what I wanted--then told my guests to buy the gifts wherever they wanted. 
  • What I wound up doing was setting up small registries at Kohl's and Bed Bath & Beyond - I already had one at Target.  I linked myregistry directly to those registry items.  I also added a message at the bottom of our welcome message saying that we have small registries at those 3 stores for people who prefer to purchase gifts in person. I use it as kind of a guide also.  We don't care if we get gifts or not.  I just compiled a list of the things we'll buy after we get married and put it all on there to give people ideas.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards