Registry and Gift Forum
Options

First presents!

Came home from work on Friday and there were 2 big Crate & Barrel boxes waiting for me. I very patiently waited for FI to get home (read: texted him every 20 minutes telling him to hurry) and we opened them! It was our wine and margarita glasses from FI's aunt and uncle!

Our wedding is 6 months away, so we aren't sure if this is an engagement present or a very early wedding gift. Either way it's very exciting! I had to run out and get some thank you notes from Michaels.

Anyway, it's very fun coming home to presents!

Re: First presents!

• Options
    Yay! I'd play it safe, say thank you for the wedding gift. That way, they know you're not anticipating another gift for the wedding.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    that is so awesome!!! we've only received one present so far, and it was an engagement present from people not even invited to the wedding :)

enjoy the classes, miss bride!
  • Options
    Yeah we didn't mention what kind of present it was. FI just said "thank you" and wrote something cute and we both signed it. Sent it out today.

So are we allowed to use these now or do we have to wait until after the wedding? Seems a shame to have margarita glasses in the apartment and not use them all summer...
  • Options
    I say, they sent them, use them!  Maybe invite his aunt and uncle over for the inaugural use of the margarita glasses ; )

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    Use them! Enjoy Them :) Sounds fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_first-presents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e90d89b2-84f4-40fd-b7c4-281e00f45097Post:6fdc0151-6397-496b-b89d-21f89c1774f7">Re: First presents!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah we didn't mention what kind of present it was. FI just said "thank you" and wrote something cute and we both signed it. Sent it out today. So are we allowed to use these now or do we have to wait until after the wedding? Seems a shame to have margarita glasses in the apartment and not use them all summer...
    Posted by JennaMichelle88[/QUOTE]

<div>You shouldn't use them until after the wedding just in case the wedding doesn't happen as planned and you need to return them. The other option is make sure you have enough money on hand to replace them if you do use them and the wedding doesn't happen as planned.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards