Registry and Gift Forum

Pier1 Imports Registry?

My fiance and I are hoping to register at Pier1 Imports, but are facing some issues.  When I called our local store to inquire about bridal registries, I was told that they do not do them anymore.  However, after visiting their website, we found that they do have a "wishlist" option.  Does anyone know what the difference between a registry and a wishlist are, and if a wishlist could function as a registry?

Re: Pier1 Imports Registry?

• Pier1 does not have a registry, and the wishlist won't mark things as completed for you.  You really don't want to "register" with them anyway - they have some great stuff but their inventory turns over completely 4 times a year, and it's far too seasonal to do in advance.  If you like their stuff, make a small registry elsewhere and use any cash you receive to purchase items there after the wedding is over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Or you can add any items from Pier 1 Imports to an Amazon.com wedding registry using their universal registry option. 

To do this you must install the Amazon button to your browser tool bar, then create a wedding registry on Amazon.com and when you see an item you want, add it to your registry by clicking that button. Super simple.

Although, hoffse does have a point about their inventory turn over... so you'd have to monitor your items regularly. 

Anniversary
  • minko1986minko1986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Even if you could somehow find a way to register Pier 1 products, I wouldn't do it. Don't get me wrong - I love their stuff and I've had some great purchases there. 

Even if you can register Per1 prodcuts at Amazon, make sure who the actual vendor is. Amazon sometimes acts only as a liaison that when you want to return something, you need to deal with the actual vendor who doesn't necessarily need to follow Amazon's return policy.

If it turns out that you actual need to work with Pier1, they have a bit ridiculous return policy and the computer system from the 15th century. You have 45 days to return with receipt (which is pretty short period of time given most other places have about 90 days or even 6 months). If you don't have receipt, you're screwed. You just have to get store credit at the sale price. Their corporate customer service reps are less than useless. I've rarely had a pleasant return experience with Pier 1 whereas return was so easy at BBB or Target (or even Kohl's).

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards