Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registering is overwhelming

FH and I went to register for the first time on Wednesday. We didn't fight and agreed on everything, but still felt extremely overwhelmed. We are both starting out with nothing, so I think it was mainly because we felt like there was so much we needed, we just scanned everything we didn't have (and would use). Any tips for others who were in a similar situation? I want to register at one more place just in case my OOT guests want to get us something, not online, and don't have this store in their area. Thanks!
imageVacation

Re: Registering is overwhelming

• Options
    Wait a week or so, then go back online and look at the registry. You'll find there are some things you can't believe you didn't scan, and others that you have no memory of adding at all, lol. Its much less overwhelming if you do it a little bit at a time.

Also, make sure that the store you went to has a good selection. We registered at Macys, and our first time out we went to a Macys near where we live that had very little selection of housewares, and no china or crystal (which is mainly what we were looking for). It was overwhelming and frustrating, so we didn't pick a whole lot. A few weeks later, we drove 2 hours to the *huge* Macys near my parents' house, and it was so much easier - the displays were laid out nicer, everything was more organized, etc. The environment can really affect how you feel.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards