Registry and Gift Forum
Options

So How Does It Work Really?

I never had a registry before.  And I have never been to a wedding where they had a registry that I knew of.=, so never bought off a registry either.  How does it work?

Do you go into the store and go to customer service or a sales rep and tell them you're there for so and so's registry.  Do they give you a list of the couple's registry item?  How does it work?  
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: So How Does It Work Really?

• Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Most stores have a kiosk of some sort so you can print the registry at the store.  These will also usually tell you which items the store has in stock.  I've printed registries at Williams Sonoma, BB&B, Target, and Macy's.  
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Most younger guests will look online for your registry.  A google search will tell them where you are registered.   If they know that you're registered at say, BB&B, then they can go straight to the BB&B website and click on "find a registry" -- use your names and wedding location to run a search, then see all of the items on your registry, including how many of each item you want, and what has already been purchased (so they know that you still need 4 more place settings, but someone has already bought all of the towels you want).    They will be able to order directly from the website and have it shipped straight to you.

OR, they can go into the store, print out your list at a kiosk (or get one from customer service), then shop.  The in-store ones will usually even tell them which aisle to look on for each item. 

You can set up a registry online or in-store (depending on the store), and usually you can "manage" your registry online as well  -- meaning you can add or delete items, and see what has already been purchased (registry-stalking). 
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I would recommend doing your registry in store, I really felt the need to feel the fabric of linens we registered for and the weight of the flatware, etc.  Most photos look good online, but seeing things in person helped us make choices. 
    I would also recommend when you're in store, scan anything you think you might be interested in, you can login at home and adjust quantiteis later.  we scanned several vacuums that I liked the weight, handling etc. then loged on to consumer reports to decide which one to leave on our registry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What everyone else says is true, too.

Do you go into the store and go to customer service or a sales rep and tell them you're there for so and so's registry.  Yes.

Do they give you a list of the couple's registry item? Yes.
  • Options
    Ok thanks ladies.  Yes, we set up a registry already... made the appointment and everything.  We are on the website and on their FB page.  Just wanted to know how people would go about buying something off or registry once they went to the store.  I get it now.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards