Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Question

Okay....I registered at 4 places. I would have stuck with 2 or 3, but here's the thing....I am from a big city - where most of our family is living, where the wedding is at and also where one of my showers is from, but we live in a small city where some family and friends are from and there is also 2 other showers up here.  So we registered at Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond, REI and Target.

My mom is throwing my shower at home - and she didn't put anything in the invitations about REI or Target. The information is on our website, so should I just leave it alone? I am thinking I will. My other showers will have all the information, and we are sending out information in our invitations that have the website so they can see the information on the website.

I am thinking I'll just leave it alone....And maybe just mention it to people if they ask. But I thought I would ask opinions.

Re: Question

• Options
    What else would you do?  Contact everybody invited to the shower and tell them you're registered at two other places as well?  I think that would come of as horribly gift grabby.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    I don't think more than 3 should be listed on any invitation.  I don't really understand why you registered at 4 places unless some are in the big city and others are in the small city.  In that case, the shower hosts could just list the stores that are convenient to guests in that city.
  • Options
    Yes...1 of them was basically for the small city, but the big city has that store too. I wasn't planning on calling them or anything. Oh well.

Thanks for.......absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:ef108f02-05dc-4e71-be69-89bcfc53ff3bPost:d639d1a9-e360-45d0-9248-366bb0a03d6b">Re: Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes...1 of them was basically for the small city, but the big city has that store too. I wasn't planning on calling them or anything. Oh well. Thanks for.......absolutely nothing.
    Posted by SwanyGirly911[/QUOTE]

Aren't you precious? I would love to know what your other options would be. QQ was totally right. Aside from calling everyone and telling them about the additional registries, I don't really see any other way for them to know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards