Registry and Gift Forum
Options

send thank you now, or when gift arrives?

I thought this was asked recently, but I search and couldn't find it.

We were given an engagement card from friends of my parents with a note inside that said a "gift of X was selected from Macys, this special order item will be shipped" 

Do I send a thank you now, or when the item arrives?

Re: send thank you now, or when gift arrives?

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    when it arrives.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    I would also wait until it arrived as long as it's not months from now.  If it isn't expected for a while I would write "Thank you so much for our new ____.  We can't wait until it arrives!" or something like that.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah, agree with pp. Normally, I'd totally say to wait until it arrives.
  • Options
    SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_send-thank-now-gift-arrives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f059a347-8fa4-4a05-8038-8ac437fa8ccbPost:0adb4e40-8cad-4df5-bc70-c8c448cd0453">Re: send thank you now, or when gift arrives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would also wait until it arrived as long as it's not months from now.  If it isn't expected for a while I would write "<strong>Thank you so much for our new ____.  We can't wait until it arrives!" </strong>or something like that.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

I think we'll do this - I'm worried about forgetting about it, if I wait and I have no idea how long it would take to come in.  Thank you!

EDIT:  Found the old post - I was searching "arrives" as my key word...
  • Options
    We had one shower gift on back order.  I wrote the thank you note immediately, and let them know when it arrived since it was from neighbors who I see all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards