Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Is getting $20 Target card for creating a Target registery worth it?

I got a flyer in the mail that included a $20 free Target gift card if I create a registery with at least 10 items. They have stuff I want but I have heard they are a hard to deal with for a registery. So my question is a free $20 gift card worth the headache?

Re: Is getting $20 Target card for creating a Target registery worth it?

• Options
    Eh I'm the type to go along with those sort of deals - so I would probably put on 10 items, get the gift card, and then just not worry about it.  But that's just how I approach these types of things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Where did you get that flyer from??? I have a Target registry & I haven't had any problems with it. Just be careful to really read the rules. They may require that it be left open for x months or that x items be purchased. 
  • Options
    Hoffse-- Exactly what I was thinking! No one said it has to be the registry you use for the wedding....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Harry on Sirus to the Dursleys. HP Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Options
    Ya I love free stuff so I would do it!!!  lol. We had a Target registry, to avoid the problems they constantly create I just ingored the entire registry after I created it. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    I wish I got $20 for my Target registry.  It's the least they could do with all the problems we had.  Mine didn't work properly until 2 days before my shower and even then I got some items that were never taken off of the registry. I got lucky I didn't get any doubles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would totally do it!  Like PP said, you don't need to use it for the wedding =) 

Who doesn't like a free $20!  
  • Options
    I think I am going to do it then just register for stuff we would like to have and just go get it later if it ends up being a hassle. Not sure how I ended up getting the coupon but if I figure it out I will post it!
  • Options
    We registered at Target and it was fine. I believe we got a gift card after the wedding. 
  • Options
    Seriously!  Just create the registry with 10 items, get the gift card, and then delete the registery or take the items off once you've spent your gift card.  Problem solved.  I'd totally do that if I got that flyer in the mail.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    How did you get the flyer? I would love to create a registry, throw some items on it and get a gift card. Yeah, so what if my wedding was last year, lol. 
  • Options
    You could just put items on there and not use it, a lot of places offer deals like this, once you get more involved in the wedding planning, or maybe you already are and thats why your asking you wil see and most likely not have enough time to do this.

I initially went and registered with weddingregistry360.com but they didn't have a lot of items we both liked and were waaay expensive.

We than decided to register with amazon.com, people who don't have computers like my grandparents and stuff are just getting us stuff they know we want and haven;t asked for yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    We got that deal... worked well. Super easy. No hassel giving it to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards