Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

where to buy liquor???

Hi ladies,

So I looked on the vendor sticky and didn't find anything on this subject...for those ladies that BYOB their wedding, where is the best place you found for liquor?  We have searched for the best prices on beer and wine, but now we need help with finding the cheapest liquor store in town (name of store, location).  Also, if you know of anyone that owns a liquor store and would like our business in exchange for a discount, please let me know that as well. :)

Also, if you could, and you remember what you paid, can you provide the price/bottle (1.75L).

- Skyy Vodka
 - Sweet Tea Vodka
 - Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire
 - Captain Morgan
 - Jack Daniels
 - Chivas Scotch
 - Jose Cuervo Silver

Thanks so much for your help ladies!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: where to buy liquor???

• Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My planner always suggested Two Bucks, but I didn't notice that much of a price difference between other places. They are super nice and helpful in there. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did Goody Goody because you can return unopened bottles no questions asked.

We got beer/wine at Costco--you can return unopened cases/bottles there as well.

I'd also consider going for cheaper brands if you are doing mixed drinks. The guests don't need to know what brand liquor you used, they wont be able to tell by taste alone, and they honestly will not care. That is probably where you can save the most.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm prob no help but I used to get mine at Majestic in the Fort Worth area. Now, Colleyville can sell beer/wine/spirits. There is a store on Grapevine Hwy/Hwy 26/Colleyville Blvd that sells it (by John McCain Rd) and Halls off Glade Rd and 121.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some Costcos have a liquor store attached called Western Beverage that has really good prices. You don't need a Costco card to shop there, but I think they only take cash or check.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_buy-liquor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d3f5a503-cab7-49c1-b038-935115cdf627Post:eb82c8c6-8d73-4277-9505-1d2686ae0f87">Re: where to buy liquor???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Goody Goody because you can return unopened bottles no questions asked. We got beer/wine at Costco--you can return unopened cases/bottles there as well. I'd also consider going for cheaper brands if you are doing mixed drinks. The guests don't need to know what brand liquor you used, they wont be able to tell by taste alone, and they honestly will not care. That is probably where you can save the most.
    Posted by Jay&Marissa[/QUOTE]

Goody Goody is who I was going to recommend also. The fact that you can return unopened bottles with no hassle is great. You can also go to Buckeye as they are owned by Goody Goody.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards