Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Which Macy's?

This is kind of a strange question, but here it goes... My FI and I are going to start our registry this weekend at Macy's, but the problem is there are a few Macy's in our area. Which Macy's do we go to? Some of them are "better" than others, so how do I know which one will have a better selection of china, silverware, etc.? I'm in the Tampa area, but I think the Macy's in Orlando might have a better selection/display of china. Should I repost on my local board? Thank you for your help!!

Re: Which Macy's?

• Options
    I think your local board would be a million times more helpful, as this is an international board and most of us have no clue about the specific stores in your area.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DONT go to the one at Wiregrass. We went their last weekend, I decided against Macy's period. They had no fine china out. All the hosuewares were stuffed into a back corner half unpacked and when I asked someone about their china, he pointed to the everyday stuff, and when I said I was looking for formal china, he shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Don't know what the deal was with that, but it soured Macys for me.

The funny thing was they were setting up for bridal stuff downstairs.
  • Options
    You can make updates online so if the store you go to doesn't have everything you want you can add more items. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd go to whichever one is largest and/or in the nicest area.
  • Options
    Go to whichever one was originally Macy's. I found that the dept stores that were bought out a few years back and converted into Macy's usu have worse selection.
  • Options
    I'd just call one and ask which Macy's in the are has the largest housewares dept.  We have a few in our area and there is one that is sort of the "flagship" store, so we registered there.
  • Options
    Remeber you can always update your registry online!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards