Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M

I B&M that the weekend is over! We had such a great time at my parent's home all weekend working on wedding stuff and stuffing our face at Germanfest.
Invitations are almost done - expect an AW in the next few days!

Re: B&M

• Found out yesterday that FI won't be home now until May 15th instead of this Sunday.  I have a Justin Bieber song stuck in my head.  I'm so sore for detailing FI's truck that it feels like my thigh muscles are ripping apart when I bend my legs.  It's Monday.

Come on, 5 o'clock.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I woke up late, which usually wouldn't matter so much, but have to be at school for the little guy's field trip this mornin. Ugh!!
  • I have a terrible case of indigestion. 

This is my first day back with zero period since last Wednesday and they seem to be a little on the annoying side.  "You didn't tell us we had a quiz."  Yep, I sure did.  You just didn't consult your planner. 
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I found out my grandma went to the hospital via Facebook. Seriously? So disrespectful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:187caf18-3f57-4eaf-b7d2-f347ceecaa99">Re:Bamp;M</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found out my grandma went to the hospital via Facebook. Seriously? So disrespectful. Also? I am unimpressed at the pictures of the 40k food lion wedding.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

I liked the picture of the table all decorated up.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I think the McGowans did an excellent job.  I did like much of her decor.

• Wow Kathleen I cant believe that is how you found out.  I wasnt hugely impressed by the wedding but I did think it looked nice and the pic after the wedding outside was nice.
  • edited April 2012

You know that feeling when you spend all Friday afternoon getting caught up?  And you say to yourself, "I don't need to make those Monday copies.  I'll just get here early Monday morning and run them off quickly."

And then you end up running late and two of the three copiers on campus are down and the one that's working won't staple.

That's my morning.  On the plus side, we're starting fruit fly lab today!

Anniversary

• I overslept and then just couldn't bring myself to go to work today.  I haven't called in to work in about 6 months, so I figure it's ok!  I'm taking an insurance certification test on Sunday that I haven't study for yet.  So I will end up spending my day away from the office just reading a super exciting text book.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I worked all weekend... and back to work today I need a break!
  • End. Of. Month. Too. Much. Work. Head. Explodes. 
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:2feaa1b6-93bb-4b29-96d0-1c20fcbce1ac">Re: B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Wow Kathleen I cant believe that is how you found out</strong>.  I wasnt hugely impressed by the wedding but I did think it looked nice and the pic after the wedding outside was nice.
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

Yea...My mothers family is FAN-TASTIC....

I am now in the Dallas office...because the guy who works here had car troubles...So here I am...with a print job that I have no idea how to run.
    Today should be fun... possibly...
  • I came in to work with the usual Monday morning mess and my ASM did nothing yesterday. So guess she has alot of catching up to do today. I'm not going to finish her work. Monday's are my busiest day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:187caf18-3f57-4eaf-b7d2-f347ceecaa99">Re:Bamp;M</a>:
    [QUOTE] Also? I am unimpressed at the pictures of the 40k food lion wedding.

I'm not crazy about that draping--I don't think she needed it. I thought the ceremony space was beautiful.   
  • I feel like poo. My allergies are killing me and I didn't realize this until I was already in the car on my way to work so now I don't have any medicine. I just took a Benadryl from one of the girls at work and I'm semi-scared that it might make me want to pass out. I hate days like this.

Yayyyyyyyyy, Monday.
    Anniversary
  • So..the guy getting here in 1 hour has turned into an hour and a half.

I tried to run the print job..and it didn't come out close to right at all. I think it's time to call Monday over.
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:40127a9c-9621-4799-b88b-907113e2f12a">Re:Bamp;M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Bamp;M :<strong> I'm not crazy about that draping--I don't think she needed it. I thought the ceremony space was beautiful.   </strong>
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    It just hit me what we were talking about here. ::runs to McGowan blog::<div>
    </div><div>ETA: I agree with Julie, her decor looked great! Love the tablescapes! It looks like they had a lovely day.</div><div>
    </div><div>Kathleen, I swear we must stem from the same family. Last year I found out my grandfather went to the hospital for an emergency quadruple bypass heart surgery. While in there, found out he had lung cancer. Family's best way to spread the news? Facebook. Talk about tact. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:5a65945b-5646-4486-b0ad-74f7fc7c2cf6">Re: B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]End. Of. Month. Too. Much. Work. Head. Explodes. 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

I concur. The fact that we just integrated a new system doesn't help any, even though it SHOULD. I wish I could stop dreaming about work, because it makes the weekend feel wasted.
  • Arrrrgh I am so tired of whiny complainy ninth graders.  I can't believe I can't count on flipping honors students to choose groups and behave themselves.  Third period nearly lost rights to do this lab.
    Anniversary

• I came in to a bright green office this morning. THAT screams professional.

I have a phone interview at 12:30 for a home-based position.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:67335d44-a324-43ec-bff7-bd4e14e9c25d">Re:Bamp;M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Bamp;M : Kathleen, I swear we must stem from the same family. Last year I found out my grandfather went to the hospital for an emergency quadruple bypass heart surgery. While in there, found out he had lung cancer. Family's best way to spread the news? Facebook.<strong> Talk about tact</strong>. 
    Yea..I called my mom and said.."So...what's going on?" She hem-haws around a bit and then says "Are you talking about Grandma?" Then she follows with "How'd you find out?"
    Apparently my Aunt told my cousin to write it on Facebook because it's the "fastest" way to tell everyone.
    Then Apparently my Mom laid into her for not at least giving her the chance to tell me anything at all. (They had literally just got her into a room and gotten an IV in when I called)

Also..to clarify: All I was trying to say by "unimpressed" was that the wedding  wasn't all that what she had made iit out to be. That's all. I wasn't trying to be "super Beyotch" or anything...and I think it may have came off that way.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:1f16bf5d-6052-4853-b593-6eb09e0a6916">Re:Bamp;M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Bamp;M : Yea..I called my mom and said.."So...what's going on?" She hem-haws around a bit and then says "Are you talking about Grandma?" Then she follows with "How'd you find out?" Apparently my Aunt told my cousin to write it on Facebook because it's the "fastest" way to tell everyone. Then Apparently my Mom laid into her for not at least giving her the chance to tell me anything at all. (They had literally just got her into a room and gotten an IV in when I called) Also..to clarify: All I was trying to say by "unimpressed" was that the wedding  wasn't all that what she had made iit out to be. That's all. I wasn't trying to be "super Beyotch" or anything...and I think it may have came off that way.

I found out a couple of times via FB that my parents were in the hospital, but it was because they wouldn't let my brother call me and wake me up.  I am okay with it but I can see how it would be upsetting. 
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:1f16bf5d-6052-4853-b593-6eb09e0a6916">Re:Bamp;M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Bamp;M :Also..to clarify: All I was trying to say by "unimpressed" was that the wedding  wasn't all that what she had made iit out to be. That's all. I wasn't trying to be <strong>"super Beyotch"</strong> or anything...and I think it may have came off that way.
    Oh, I didn't read it this way. I agree, I thought it would be draping all over- it definitely looks more minimalist than I remember it being thouroughly described (and more unimpressive than the lengthy discussions regarding the draping). <div>
    </div><div>moving forward.... lol</div>
  • My 2 b&m are that I can't get on the knot at much with my new job :( and that my photographer got deported and starting over. It's a good monday though so shouldn't be a bad week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:23af1005-595e-4b36-9b62-776a68573cc2">Re:Bamp;M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Bamp;M : <strong>moving forward.... lol</strong>
    Yes, Let's.
    :)

Anywhoo...my CW is here and I've had lunch so out and about I go.
  • Anyone ever have one of those days where you just feel like life is finally unraveling on you?  That's the day I'm having.  Our nurse just quit here at the office, which now leaves an already understaffed doctor's office with no nurse.  No more PTO, no more flexibility, I'm sure.  And that's the whole reason I hired on with this office.  So now I get to make crappy decisions I didn't plan on making anytime soon.  When do things start to get better? Cry
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d712910c-7d2e-42ed-9632-3cd93dc63e19Post:210902c8-1dde-4e9d-ba8c-855ec07a0bbb">Re: B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]My good friend who is expecting her first child, her parents and uncle were killed in a house fire this weekend.  I'm in RSVP Hell. out of 235 65 replied so now I am calling texting emailing stalking harassing for answers.  Oh and my wedding gown is no where to be found. I ordered it back in October and it was supposed to be here 4/24. My FI and I have to be on a plane in 31 days with gown in hand. My seamstress said there already may not be enough time to have it altered. :( Feeling fatigued and lethargic. 
    Posted by jaschelle[/QUOTE]

Dang.  You win B&M Monday.

Guys, did I seriously think freshmen could handle fruit flies?  Am I really that naive?
    Anniversary

• I am a ballroom dance teach. (not teacher?)

So I had a good discussion on my phone "interview" earlier. It would be more of an independent planner position, and is home-based, and more than likely I'd take on a second job in the evening until I built my client base up, but I am seriously considering the possibility with this...

And also, the peope who painted my office "Red Bull Green" (cause it wakes you the eff up) said I picked that color. Apparently Pukey Lime Green is the same as SAGE
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • jaschelle I'll be praying for your friend! That is so terrible. And your wedding will come together!

Wendi - I am excited for your interview AND I'm going to need to see a pic of said office.
  • Wendiin what universe?! That color is terrible! Jasrachellsorry if I butchered that where did you get your dress from. I am an hour away from my office doing tech support...i get off in an hour. I guess im working late. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards