Wedding Woes
Options

FI's best friend's GIRLFRIEND -

Well, we haven't picked out a date yet. I was throwing around fall 2010 and a couple of venues. Well, my Fi's best friend's girlfriend (who isn't engaged) just booked my DREAM VENUE for October 2010. (I told her last month that it was something I was seriously considering and just waiting until I started my new job (Sept) to go look at it/pay deposit/etc.I feel like if I get married anywhere in the fall/winter of 2010 it's going to be nothing but drama and "one-ups."I found out last night about all of this. I don't want his GF at the wedding and I won't be attending theirs. This has created nothing but drama and it's only been 12 hours. What should I do I don't want my wedding day ruined by drama and one-ups.

Re: FI's best friend's GIRLFRIEND -

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to go with Sooles on this one. Videotape her face for me, mmk?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I totally usually stay neutral in these things because I dont really wanna rain on anyone but I think you have EVERY right to be furious. Id still book it at the same venue same time and everything. Especially since you said you dont want her at urs and you wont be at hers. Keeps the details a secret.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my suggestion: make up a bunch of gross wedding plans that you would never use and tell her. If she's in to one-up'ing you then it should be very entertaining!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha, I love the pp's advice... Tell the best friend congrats (video tape this) and then tell the gf that booked the venue for the week before (video tape this, too). While you're talking to them both, mention that while you'd love to attend, you and FI will be on your honeymoon and won't be able to. I also LOVE the idea of giving her ideas that you would never use. That doesn't have to be construed as mean -- that's just helpful suggestions that are nothing like your plans. PS -- What does your FI think of all this?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wow, I just realized how old this post is... Whatever happened with this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards