Second Weddings
Options

***ChrislovesBarry***

Thank you for your kind words.  I didn't want to post jack the Father -Daughter dance post.

My dad has been gone just over 9 years.  He would have been over the moon about this wedding.  He loved my FI when we were teens and into our twenties.  Matter of fact my dad had a private conversation with me the last time I visited him before he passed.  One of the people he asked about was my FI, we had just gotten in touch but not reconnected as best friends and certainly not more at that point; but my dad was glad for that.

We also lost my FI's dad in November 2010.  His dad made it clear that he did not want any further delay in our wedding. 

My FI proposed to me 25 years ago, due to my circumstances (and that he didn't let my dad in on the surprise - not my requirement but my dad would have told me how to answer in no certain terms) I said no.  So this marriage was basically 25 years in the making.

Thank you again for your kind words... I know both the dads will be there...

Re: ***ChrislovesBarry***

• Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you, Angie.  My Mom died when I was 9, and my Dad raised my brother and me by himself.  He died 12 years before I married DH.  I wish more than anything they could have met, because I know Dad would have loved DH and been thrilled I found him.

And, I can't listen to Butterfly Kisses without tearing up, either.  I had to leave the room when they played it at a wedding I attended.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards