Second Weddings

Should we do this & that...

As I've mentioned in my previous posts, my fiance and I have both been married before and we are trying REALLY hard not to get involved in details. We know that you can get lost in the details and forget what's most important.

I'm seeing varying opinions on favors, DJ's, etc. Thanks for the suggestions! Here's another one..

What about Father/Daughter, Mother/Son dances? I just think it's one more detail that we don't really need to worry about. I doubt any of our family will feel slighted if we don't do this.

Re: Should we do this & that...

• The dances are up to you our fathers had both passed away by the time we were married.  We did have the Mother/Son dance, which my MIL made special by having my Mom cut in and then my MIL danced with me, and then the Moms danced together, and my DH and I danced.  It was very nice. 
  • keep the traditions you want, forget the ones you don't. Period. Your wedding. Your celebration. It's about your love, not the checklist of traditions.
  • If you don't want to do them, and don't think your family will be slighted by it, then just skip it.  Chances are that people won't even notice.   I would say something to parents like "Dad/Mom, if it's okay with you, we're going to skip the father-daughter/mother-son dances at the reception.  We've already done that once, and people don't like sitting through those dances anyway.  Okay?"    I doubt they'll mind at all.
    DSC_9275
  • I didn't even do those at my first wedding 20 years ago ;) . It's really a matter of if you don't want to do it, and nobody else involved cares, it's no big deal. As Avion said, guests are usually glad with fewer special daances to sit through anyway!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Honey do what feels right to you. Please dont get stuck in protocol and what the family may want, etc. This is you and your husband's day and it should be what you want. You want to look back and feel good about how everything fell into place.
    Mrs. Sumner
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards