Second Weddings

Future Son

Well heres the latest news, I went down for my grandbabies 5th ear surgery. After the surgery went back to my daughters/boyfriends apt. He wanted me to come outside to show me something.That something was a ring and I was like wow you want to pop the question and he said yes and so I asked him when he planned on doing that and he said soon.I asked him if he was sure that he was ready for that and he said he was very nervous about asking and that he was ready.I was really hoping that he wouldn't  (that he would gro up a bit more) has I personally don't think he is ready has he has the mind set of a HS.Thats not for me to comment so bite my tongue I shall.

Re: Future Son

• edited December 2011
    Oh wow.  I can't even imagine!  I guess I would have to bite my tongue as well!  That has to be hard for you good luck!  Hope the grandbaby is doing ok!  That also sounds really hard as well!  
  • edited December 2011
    Good for you for biting your tongue.  I'm assuming your DD is of the age to make her own decisions and you should let her decide.  If you protest, she will resent you.
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a very close relationship but yea she knows that I love her very much and want only the best for her. Their are things I've mentioned that concern me has she has shared some things. I don't lecture or tell her what to do concerning this. I do hope that she makes the right decision for herself. She is in love with him and thats that. I just don't want to see her get hurt.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not that age says everything, but how old are they?  My daughter, who turns 23 in 2 weeks, is getting married in October.  I think she's young for a lifelong commitment, and have encouraged them to live together for a year before planning a wedding.  However, here in the bible belt with his parents being Baptist, that is not looked at favorably.  Of course neither is any alcohol at the wedding, so go figure.  (As an aside, didn't Jesus turn water into wine--magick as I see it--in the bible?) Anyway, I, too, am biting my tongue about a lot of things.  We'll do it together. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards