Second Weddings

Receiving Lines

Are you having one???  I didn't have one when I married before, and I'm not sure if we're having one this time either.  What are you thoughts?

Re: Receiving Lines

• edited December 2011
    I hate them - both as the host and as the guest.  What the heck do you SAY to the 37 person bridal party?  Nice job (what JOB did they do?)  You look lovely (um, sure)  Congratulations (for what?) What we did was for the two of us to stand outside the ceremony site.  Our guests sort of lined up to congratulate us, but some bypassed us and spoke with other guests, then made their way back to offer hugs and celebrate.  The kids had been in the bridal party- so they eventually came and stood with us, but sort of drifted in and out.  It was less formal, and we liked it.  Our guest list was under 70, so it was pretty easy. ~Donna
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are outdated, boring and keep everyone waiting.  We're doing table visits instead.What's terrible is I can't remember if I did one the first time! 
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I was thinking... not having one.  I like the idea of table visits.  We're having two AHR's, and both are very informal so the table visits will be best for our style. Thanks for your opinions!  : )
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I gotta say I hate them, too.  So uncomfortable to talk to the 4th groomsman, you've never met, he doesn't care, he just wants a beer. . .   
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's we are only having 50 guest aprox so I think it would be silly for us to do.  I think just mingling while everyone is getting drinks and stuff will be all we need to do! 
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YUCK! h** no. LOL. They will need to get their butts over to the cocktail hour so that we can get the rest of our pics taken. I'm not about wating precious time standing in a studip line just to listen to all the blah blah blah! (heeheehee)Go have fun and have a few drinks and some snacks before dinner on us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards