Second Weddings
Options

Something about Nothing!

I just have to say I am so enjoying planning this wedding. Way more fun then the first time around. Reading girls posts, and i say girls without hesitation on other boards I realize what a pain it is to have to deal with family when planning. His and My family are attending thats it. No room to make opinions tell me how it should be like the first time. It is so freeing (is that even a word) We plan and are enjoying every stop of the way with really no consideration for what other people think we should have and I am loving it. I am sure others feel the same way but it is just so nice!  Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

Re: Something about Nothing!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Pamila! I'm glad the planning is going so well for you. I also am planning mostly by myself, and my fiance is helping me when he can. He is actually helping me with all the DYI projects which is lovely for us. I agree that the planning is very stress free when family isn't butting in and being intrusive. I have been completely enjoying the planning. I still have a few things to nail down, like catering/photography/video for vendors. Still have to pick my gown and all of my attire. I've been on a serious weight loss program and I am just about there, so I am getting excited to go try on gowns. currently making all of my own invites, and I have been loving the creative process around that. I still have 10 months to go, and after Christmas we are kicking it into full gear!!! I do feel sorry for the girls who have to undergo drama in the planning. Take care and have a good weekend!
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first wedding, I was working full-time and going to law school three-quarters time.  I kept the planning to a bare minimum, and my mother-in-law did quite a bit of it.  My attitude was definitely, "Wake me up when it's over."This time around, my wife and I planned the whole wedding, and much of it was DIY.  We ignored traditions that didn't work for us, and made up ones that did.  It was a blast!
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never had a wedding first time around...so the planning this time is amazingly fun! I've noticed, too, that a lot of the girls from the other boards are really young...they still post things about "my mom wants this...I dont know what to do." Ummmm....really? Trying cutting the cord; that'd be a good place to start. I love being able to just choose what I want...and do it. No one to answer to, just doing what we want for us...it's fantastic! Even though we're having a decent size wedding (150 guests) we still just say "This is what we want." They can deal with it or not, we don't care. We're having fun, we're happy, and you're absolutely right that it's very freeing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that planning this time around is wonderful.  I don't feel bound to traditions and can really incorporate our day around us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards