Second Weddings

What color wedding dress

Good morning brides.Smile

My name is Julie.This is my secound wedding.I was wondering what color wedding dresses are you ladies wearing,Wink
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What color wedding dress

• My wife and I wore ivory (see my icon).  But really, you can have whatever you want.  There is no longer an issue with having white or ivory for a second wedding, but some prefer a totally different color.
  • I wore white!  My FI now DH wanted to see me in a gown....so that is what we did.
  • Ivory.  I'm too pale for white:-)
    DSC_9275
  • I was going for ivory, but the dress I found on sale (only one of them) was white - so white it is!
  • I wore a dress of champagne satin covered with diamond white lace.  I know SW brides that have worn pink, blush, and navy.  Wear the color and the dress that makes you feel gorgeous.
  • I wore a dusty blue, floor length dress for my 2nd wedding in July '11.  I wore a light (very light) pink floor length dress for my 1st wedding back in '92.
  • My dress is a silvery blue color.  I wanted EVERYTHING to be different this time and the dress is absolutely perfect.
  • I have an ivory dress. I had thought about going with a different color but wanted something light. We picked orange as one of our wedding colors since it's FI's favorite color and light orange is, well, peach. All that made me think of the was the Peaches and Cream Barbie doll I had back in the 80's. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is going to be a light grey :) Made the decision this morning!
  • Mine is going to be light blue. Not because I don't think I can wear white for a second wedding, but because I don't like how my skintones look in white or ivory. And light blue is dh's fave color, so there we go. (Plus, I look awesome in light blue!)
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine was ivory with silver beading. I never loved the dress; I couldn't find anything I loved. But he loved it so it was OK. I would have worn red if it was a dress I loved. Or black. Or royal blue. :)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • I wore an ivory suit with skirt outfit for my first wedding. (Tried to economize)

This time I picked out a white satin, full skirt bridal gown!!! Laughing 
    Not everyone gets to fall in love under the wing of a 747! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is white and black.
    Ms.Krys Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Mine will be a very pale lavender ... and I can't wait to see it. I get to pick the fabrics on March 2 when I try on the muslin mock up of the dress. (Purple is my favorite color)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_color-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:185e6bca-b7df-4e9b-9c63-3ccb79ef1317Post:c0fe1e94-ca5b-40e7-a86b-37fc8efd60ea">Re: What color wedding dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is going to be a light grey :) Made the decision this morning!
    Posted by +Jessie+[/QUOTE]

That's sounds nice.  Congrats on getting that decision made.  It's a great check!
  • I wore white :)  (Ivory looks horrible on me!)
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • I will be wearing Ivory, I wore Ivory the first time too.. I hate white with my skintone! Wear what looks good on you and you like.
  • Im wearing white, so it matches my teeth!! :o
    Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards