Second Weddings
Options

Veil/No Veil?

When I put on my dress....I put on a bunch of veils and I just wasn't feeling it. I have a headpiece that is a comb with some beading and feathers.

A few people I've mentioned it to seem dissapointed. Is this odd?
imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Veil/No Veil?

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Do what you want. You don't have to have anything if you don't want it.
  • Options
    Wear your hair the way you want.  I did wear a single layer veil that started low on my head and ended at my elbow because my mom kept asking and I only wore it for the ceremony. 
  • Options
    LOL. True!

One of the people asked me if I wasn't planning on having a formal reception since I wasn't wearing a veil.... I didn't want it to set a tone like the wedding wasn't as meaningful to me or something along those lines.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    I am not wearing a veil, never planned to.  I'm wearing a beautiful crystal headband, and I can't wait.  Do what you'd like, you'll look beautiful!
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_veilno-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:19049991-1643-4520-b06e-c0f41e06d70dPost:6d7a5b8e-1638-4b8f-a807-e406e2fcb807">Veil/No Veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I put on my dress....I put on a bunch of veils and I just wasn't feeling it. I have a headpiece that is a comb with some beading and feathers. A few people I've mentioned it to seem dissapointed. Is this odd?
    Posted by BritniLeigh[/QUOTE]

I am not wearing a veil - just a peacock feather hair accessory. You don't have to wear anything to make anyone else happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think anything goes these days...I wnated to wear a veil , therefor I am, but had considered not wearing one.
    Def choose what you like and want for your special day :)
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards