Second Weddings
Options

Its my second weddind and Im treating it like a first.

Just wanted to run that by everyone I dont know before I tell everyone i do know!! I dont care Ive been married, my groom deserves this to not be second fiddle! With the exception of an intimate guest list, we are going all out! Who cares, right? Parents arent paying, we are. Thanks for letting me vent! I did have the wedding i wanted the first time too, with the exception of drinking and dancing bc of the grooms religious beliefs so bring on the boose and dancing shoes!

Re: Its my second weddind and Im treating it like a first.

• Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have the correct attitude - so plan the wedding you and your FI can afford!!

Congratulations and happy planning!

• Options
    vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good for you! That's exactly what we did in June :)    Have fun!!!!!

84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great attitude!! Have fun planning!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and congrats!

You are so right to plan the wedding you want. It doesn't matter how many times you've been married, just do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and good for you! I'm right there with you- it's a second marriage for the both of us, but we're doing EXACTLY what we've always wanted to do no matter what anyone thinks Smile

• Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did exaclty what we wanted, but went the other way. All of our friends and family were ok with it, but still women on this board will state that a "real wedding" only occurs if you have all the trappings.  Whatever. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is fine to treat your seond wedding like your first-I look at it as it is my last (and best).  We are both getting married for the second time, but we are doing it the way we want.  I am even wearing a long dress!
    Good luck to you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_its-second-weddind-im-treating-like-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:1a85fd09-75a5-4fe5-9e24-4229d4596fd8Post:c9c85ea9-890e-4a4c-acfe-2d8a59bdd4a7">Its my second weddind and Im treating it like a first.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to run that by everyone I dont know before I tell everyone i do know!! I dont care Ive been married,<strong> my groom deserves this to not be second fiddle!</strong> With the exception of an intimate guest list, we are going all out! Who cares, right? Parents arent paying, we are. Thanks for letting me vent! I did have the wedding i wanted the first time too, with the exception of drinking and dancing bc of the grooms religious beliefs so bring on the boose and dancing shoes!
    Posted by Mandylynn1179[/QUOTE]
    I like the way you stated the bolded part, becasue it is exactly the way I felt!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for you!  This is also my second marriage, but FI first. He doesn't deserve to be short changed on the wedding because I've been there already.  We are paying for our wedding, woth a little help from his family., and we are having the wedding we want!
  • Options
    AngelSong76AngelSong76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one in this situation!  It's my 2nd and his first, so we're having a real wedding!  Yes, we are paying and yes, we've been living together for more than a year, but that doesn't mean we don't deserve to have a wedding!

(his mother was shocked that I bought a "real" wedding dress) 

Granted, this wedding will actually be the one I've always wanted.  The first was the one my ex wanted.  Big church wedding with a huge guest list and both of us in gleaming white and all traditions strictly enforced.  This time, community theatre, small guest list, nontraditional, shakespearean theme and my flower girl is wearing fairy wings!
  • Options
    nymaeranymaera member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Angel. This will be a second for both of us. My ex-MIL planned the first wedding. It was beautiful and all, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I felt left out of what should be one of the biggest days of my life! 

This time around my FI and I are completely in sync with our styles and how we want our wedding to be. From the moment he proposed I've had everything planned. ^.^ I'm going to treat this as the celebration it is, the joining of two people who have never been as happy with exes as they are with eachother now. >.<
    It is who is in your life that matters, not what is in your life. Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards