Second Weddings
Options

Borrowed from other Brides, thought I would share

I so loved the idea when I first saw it on a board, so I borrowed the idea and added a twist...

Feel free to borrow the old or borrow the new...

Congrats to all

Re: Borrowed from other Brides, thought I would share

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a very cute idea. I didn't do the shoe thing because no one would have seen it and to me it was just another project to complete among many projects.
    But I do love it.
    Did you find a wedding planner Deb?
  • Options
    Lilaclover88Lilaclover88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great job! I LOVE it! I'm considering a similar idea....IF I can find time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It literally took me less than 10 minutes...

Hobby Lobby rhinestoe pre package alphabet crystal letters $3.99   (coupon 50% off)   remove sticker, place on  shoe.......

ALPHABRIDE:  I believe I am using the same as you did...Karolina.....
                            Weddings BY Karolina...

She originally sent me a blind email from get married.com.....and a few emails back and forth, I decided I liked her  so we met...Her price was great and she is adorable......she seems to be exactly what I am looking for

Then I found some old posts and I saw you also used her, and i believed raved about her....

I am very excited to work with her....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy you are using Karolina. She is so sweet and gets the job done.
    She did work like a dog at my wedding and everything went off without a hitch.
    If anything went wrong I didn't know about it.

If you check out her website she has pics of us at our wedding: Stephanie and Stephen check em out!!! I have better copies now to send her --

If you need an other vendor RECS for Chicago let me know all my vendors, did an awesome job. If you need music or florals or linen let me know! BTW, what venue did you choose?

Jeff from Shoot the Bride Films did not deliver my wedding video and is not answering my e mails. He has done this to at least 15 brides that I know of. Please do not use him.
  • Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Stephanie!

Yes, she seems to be a doll, I just adore Karolina already and we have only met in person once thus far!

I just looked at your pics, they are gorgeous! Your venue looked just amazeing.....you were a gorgeous bride and your dress was perfect! I loved the rooms and the ambience that you had for your pictures...very artistic, I love that type pf photography! 

We are actually haveing the ceremony and brunch reception at a place called Bristol Court in Mount Prospect, IL    

A few of my friends either had gone there for an affair or are having affairs there and recommended it,  the price was amazeing....the staff is over the top accomadeting and the food was great.....so we booked it.....I always go the easy route...YEAh i thought , No more looking !  

They made it super easy for us....all food, cake of our choice, and chair covers, colored napkins all included.....even supplying the vases for our centerpieces!  The only extra was actual table linens because I wanted silver....not white or Ivory......

We are useing Lewis Florist in Grayslake, whom I have done business with in the past and Mike, the owner, is amazeing and very reasonable.....

Photo and DJ we sre useing Pros ...(?)   they have had high reviews from 2 other ppl I know...so?????

As of now we are not videoing it, but we may change our mind.....

Thats awful about your video.....I could not even imagine!  Do you have any recourse????

I woukdlike to hae our ceremony videotaped, because I am sure I will be in a daze.....but the party...isnt as important to me....

So my future father in law I think is going to set up his video camera for us....I hate to spend another 6-900 dollars when we r so severly over budget as it is...lol

I dont even know how it happenned...UGH

well, If you read this before thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving!

Everyone who may read this, Happy, Happy, Healthy!

For the brides to be like me...Don't eat too much!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding sounds very elegant Debi! I really wanted to video the entire ceremony from beginning to end. Everything else was secondary. If you can have someone film the whole ceremony that really will help you remember it, because I was in a bridal daze that day and really didn't hear the music. A friend of mine even sang. I heard the first few bars and that was it. Because my attention was on my groom!!!

We got an amazing price from the video guy we hired. He had great recs on the local board.

Well... everyone hired him and he did literally dozens of weddings this year but many he did not deliver the videos on. We do have recourse in the form of a lawsuit for breach of contract.

We have a signed contract that states we will take delivery 4-5 weeks after the wedding. I e mailed him with my songs to be used in the video about a week after the wedding when I returned from the honeymoon. He emailed me back and that is the last I ever heard from him. He hasn't answered one of my e mails inquiring about a delivery date. 

Because so many (I have found a dozen) have the same situation we formed a group on FB and are going to take collective action against him, thinking strength in numbers. Damages will be either our money back plus court costs, or our edited video's completed. One gal has already had an atty write a letter which he totally ignored. Then they sent another certified, which he ignored. She filed suit against him this week.

I may never get the video, but we will do our best to put him outa business if we don't.
  • Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Stephanie, I am going to add a little id bit of a prayer for you and the others to win the case and rcve your video's...those are priceless and no amount of money can bring the memory back...how horrible! that is truely a wedding nightmare!

You are so very right, I am sure I will be in a daze and won't remember  a thing that happens throughout the entire ceremony, so haveing it on video is very important to me, even if it is "amateur".....

If we find a bit of extra money I will hire one thru the same company we are useing already.....The Pro's......their package is actually reasonable.....just budget crunching going on.....lol, the spending seems endless...nowhere to cut!  haha

Thanks for all the wonderful words and reccomendations I read on here from you !  I just love this board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards