Second Weddings

I'm New

Hi ladies!
I've been reading lots of the posts and the "It's Normal" and I love it!!  I'm recently engaged and planning my second wedding. My fi was never married and he wants a "real" wedding with all of the bells and whistles. I told him I would be happy to marry him at town hall and go for pizza after but he wasn't down for that.  Nor was he down for eloping or a destination wedding with family.  So b/c I love him dearly, I'm doing this again.  It's so interesting how different things are the second time around and what you are willing to do and not do. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all in advance.  All of those questions I have about the dress, the shower, the bridal party.... no one really gets so I'm glad this board exists.
xo

Re: I'm New

• Welcome!  It's also my second and his first so finding that happy in-between was a struggle at first but this board also helped us out a lot!  It's a nice board to have and make you feel less alone.

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• hisbabygirl76hisbabygirl76 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    Welcome, same boat here, My second his first. This board is awesome. :) did you all set a date yet?
    Proud 36yr old Mama of 3, expecting #4 - 8yrs after #3 :)BabyFetus Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome.  Just so you know, the definition of a real wedding is one where you end up married.  Whether its just the two of you and the officiant or 562 of your closest friends.  When you refer to a "real" wedding as one with all the bells & whistles, it can be offensive to some who have chosen to marry in a simple ceremony.  Their event is no less real.  I'm sure you didn't mean to offend, and thought I'd give you the heads up. 

And we are glad you are here!  ~Donna
  • Welcome!  I was in much the same situation, except that ours was a two-bride wedding.  I ended up on my 56th birthday wearing a big poofy ivory dress, veil, crinoline, the works.
  • Thanks for letting me know right1thistime. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone at all. I just meant he would like a large event whereas I'd be happy with just the two of us and an officiant. We're thinking next March because it will be off season and prices are considerably lower.  I'm excited but also concerned about what everyone thinks. Wish I didn't and hopefully seeing what everyone has done and/or is doing for their wedding will make me feel less concerned about everyone else.  :)
  • Welcome!  And ditto what previous posters have said.
  • Welcome CTJenny and congrats! Looking forward to hearing all about your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards