Second Weddings

new stepmother

Does anyone know of any good boards for a new stepmother? I cannot seem to find one on the Knot or Nest....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: new stepmother

• edited December 2011
    steptogether.com
    I thought there was a blended families board on the Nest
  • edited December 2011
    Blended Families is on the Bump.
  • vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also the  Second Wives Cafe :)
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!

Future stepmom right here! Although we are basically living together right now, and officially in three weeks, I won't be her actual stepmm for two years.

I'm a lucky duck, she seems to like me and accept me as an authority figure but I leave the hardcore stuff to her dad (who has full physical, joint legal custody) so I get to be a parent but someone she can also talk to. Mom is not REALLY in the picture but both me and her are working on developing good relationships with her, as dad dislikes her (she lives in WA so thankfully, another lucky thing for me, not so much for my girl).

What's your story?

Also, I should mention the weird age thing we got going on - her rents got married at 18, had her at 20 and now she's 15 so her dad is 35, I'm 25, she's 15. It's odd but seems to work as I can moderate and float between them as needed, love it. <3 
  • MuddyInsigniaMuddyInsignia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello--thank you all for the recommendations, I am excited to use them!

It is good to hear from another stepmom. We just got married in Sept. Right before we got engaged their mom moved to WY, so also pretty far away. Although they legaly have joint custody, their primary residence is with their mom: girl age 11 yrs and boy aged 6 yrs.

I think it helps that their mom had already remarried before I came into the picture, but it is still hard for them juggling the loyalties... it is so much stress to put on children!

What is even more interesting is that they are homeschooled, and when they are coming out to visit in a few weeks, I will be homeschooling them for about 5 more weeks of this semester! Wow, talk about culture shock!

It really is crazy to go from a 20's something single girl lifestyle to getting married and having 2 stepchildren.... I love them and love having them around, but I think it is harder on the parents and the children when juggling 2 households and divorce. Meaning, I try to respect their mom's place as their real mom, but it is really hard to want to be there for someone but hold yourself back so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards