Second Weddings

Just had myself a good laugh!

Whhooooo....

(Background: 15 yr old lives with ex in TN, but I carry insurance for the kids.  When son is up here visiting, I take care of all medical appointments as out-of-state coverage is not included except for ER purpose.  Son has recently decided he wants no part of my wedding and is not coming home for spring break or summer or wedding.)

So I had emailed ex just to inform him that since Dev is not coming home for his visits, he will need to see a dentist down there in TN.  Ex emails back that he is aware that my boy doesn't want the wedding to happen and is getting him in counseling.  OK...fine.  I'm not forcing the kid to come and am ok with him not being there.

Then ex emails back and says that to show support, he would be willing to come to my reception with our son.  WHAT!!!! 

Did my ex...Mr. "I've had multiple restraining orders on me because I'm the abusive ex-husband who still owes thousands in child support, quits jobs so he won't have to pay child support, refuses to carry medical insurance for the kids although court ordered to, and forfeits 50% of my visitation with my other 2 kids"  just invite himself to my wedding!

I just stared at my screen and started laughing....what would make him think I would be ok with that?  Men are funny things.....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: Just had myself a good laugh!

• edited December 2011
    Haha! It is amazing to me how much men do not get it all! Thank you for sharing sitting here staring at the screen thinking seriously moron get a freakin clue. Stupid stupid man but I am sure he sees nothing wrong with anything he has done or is doing. 
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    When we told my 27 year old son that we set a date for this summer, he said "so should I tell dad or what?"  Cluelessness does NOT skip a generation :)
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHHAHAHAA. Thanks for sharing that! I hope you told him "No thanks, I've seen that movie before".
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that's rich. What an a$$. I had to chuckle at that one too!!!

I have about the same history as you do. Only he lives in my town, stops by regularly, and drives me nuts. He also mentioned coming to our wedding.
    My answer UMMMMM N.O.

He really likes my fiance but says my fiance has no idea what he's getting into marrying me. My poor fiance stuck with a wench like me. what a joke.

Really? We've dated for over 5 years, I think he knows who I am.
    Just another way to keep abusing, cutting me down, criticizing, etc. Trying to bring me down to his level. Abusers rarely see outside of themselves. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards