Second Weddings

is this possible?

I am very newly and unexpectedly engaged.  I thought if my Honey proposed, we would just go to the courthouse and get married, and maybe have a dinner or party some other time.  But it turns out an actual wedding is very important to him this time around.  I am finishing law school and then will take the Bar in July, so I am super busy and don't really have time to plan a wedding until August.  I'd like to get married in November.  If I set the date and the venue now, will 15 weeks be enough time to plan a small and fairly simple wedding?

Re: is this possible?

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, that is plenty of time.  I planned my first wedding in less than 3 months and it was great.
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I planned mine in about 3 months give or take a week.  However, how much formality, size, $$$ do you and he want to spend?  If you're going for a full scale sit-down wedding reception, you might want to at least set the date and venue in the near future and then wait on the rest until after the Bar.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you set the date and venue now and the wait the rest you should be fine.  The only other concern would be if you are ordering a gown.  Other than that one can put together a fabulous wedding in little time.
    edited December 2011

Congratulations and welcome!!  Where are you thinking of getting married?  We're on the Central Coas, that is the reason I asked.

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats & welcome. I've had months to plan mine, but only because we set a date way out. Depending on your ability to organize, the number of people you expect, etc, it's doable. If you can afford it, I'd recommend a "day of wedding" coordinator if there are elaborate plans and vendors to coordinate. Otherwise, since you are obviously an intelligent woman (law school!), you can probably do it.

Keep us in the loop. And check your local boards (link upper left) to get assistance on venues and vendors.

Good luck. Looking forward to hearing your plans.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement!  I think I will feel okay if I set the date and place, then jot down notes and ideas as they come to me, and put off the actual planning until later.  My three daughters and daughter-in-law are SO excited, though, as is my best friend and my bossy sister, so it will be challenging on that front...

Angie - I live in Fresno, but Monterey or Morgan Hill are both possibilities. 
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, if he is the one wanting an "actual wedding," is he willing to take the lead in planning it?  After taking the bar, you may well be starting a new job, and so planning a wedding could be difficult for you even then.
    edited December 2011
    BarbaraJane - If you need a list a venues in the Monterey Area - we did a lot of research so I can help you there.   PM if you would like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards