Second Weddings

Got the Marriage License today!

I guess it is really beginning to feel real...if that makes any sense.  I have been kinda stressed out, but now I think I am more excited.

A funny story, as we went to get the license this morning we went to the wrong building.  There were Sheriff's Deputies at the door and when we walked in I asked if this was the right place to obtain a marriage license.  He replied, "no ma'am, this is the Domestic Relations court, this is where you get divorced."  I jokingly replied "Well, we're not quite to that point yet!  To which he said, "Well statistically speaking, I guess we will see you back here in 4 years."

At any rate, we did get the marriage license, and in 2 weeks I will be Mrs. B.
Congrats to all the August Brides and thanks to you kind ladies in the SW forum who have helped me keep my sanity throughout this process!

Re: Got the Marriage License today!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zr8derzzr8derz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
     We got ours this week and I agree that it really does make it feel "real". After spending the last year planning... it is hard to believe that it is really going to happen (I waited 12 years for the ring). We went to the wrong building as well. Headed into the Family Law department.... when we got it straightened out, FI looked at me and said... well - this was the building last time I got a license... good thing I love him, or my reaction might have headed us into the famlily law department.... hee hee
    As James so eloquently states - Nothing Else Matters! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm picking mine up Monday. Here only one future spouse has to appear and sign in front of the city clerk/notary.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I'd known your date -- it would have been on the "Cheers ... August brides!" post, below.  Congratulations!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards