Second Weddings
Options

Can you believe this?

I paid for my entire divorce, my ex did not contribute $1 to it.  Now he wants me to purchase a divorce certificate for him and mail it to him (it isn't included in the price of the divorce) so that he can re-marry.  Um no. We don't have any children together and I paid $1500 for the divorce and was left with his bills, that I am still paying for (easier than fighting over money).

He has a pretty big set of balls. 

But if he wants a copy he can pay for it, the way I did.

Re: Can you believe this?

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_can-believe-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:6f584437-290a-43cd-917b-55defeb6b811Post:9db3af6f-b704-4529-9364-69e20ee38790">Can you believe this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I paid for my entire divorce, my ex did not contribute $1 to it.  Now he wants me to purchase a divorce certificate for him and mail it to him (it isn't included in the price of the divorce) so that he can re-marry.  Um no. We don't have any children together and I paid $1500 for the divorce and was left with his bills, that I am still paying for (easier than fighting over money). He has a pretty big set of balls.  <strong><font color="#0000ff">But if he wants a copy he can pay for it, the way I did.
    </font></strong>Posted by loriandedwin[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one.  Sorry you have to deal with this stuff but honestly, it is validation that you made the right decision to get a divorce.  Every time my ex does something "non-sensical," as I call it, I simply refer to it as reason # ___ (fill in the blank with a random number) divorce was the right decision.

You go, girl!!  Hang in there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_can-believe-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:6f584437-290a-43cd-917b-55defeb6b811Post:04a5e015-fed4-4e6a-9d98-e319b811f852">Re: Can you believe this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can you believe this? : I'm with you on that one.  Sorry you have to deal with this stuff but honestly, it is validation that you made the right decision to get a divorce.  Every time my ex does something "non-sensical," as I call it, I simply refer to it as reason # ___ (fill in the blank with a random number) divorce was the right decision. You go, girl!!  Hang in there.
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

Love this, I might have to start a list.  LOL
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dang, he does have a big set.  Yes, he needs to get his own copy.  And now that I think about it, when I went to get a certified copy of my divorce decree (It was before I met second husband, but I just wanted a copy to PROVE he was legally out of my life), I ran into my ex on the way to the courthouse (he moved into the same apartment complex I was living in, after I had been there for about 6 months) and he asked me where I was going.  I told him I was going to get a copy, and he asked me to pick him up one, too!  I immediately said no.  It was $20, not a big deal, but parking, finding the right office, etc. was a pain, and he needed to, for once in his life, MAN UP. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_can-believe-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:6f584437-290a-43cd-917b-55defeb6b811Post:04a5e015-fed4-4e6a-9d98-e319b811f852">Re: Can you believe this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can you believe this? : I'm with you on that one.  Sorry you have to deal with this stuff but honestly, it is validation that you made the right decision to get a divorce.  Every time my ex does something "non-sensical," as I call it, I simply refer to it as reason # ___ (fill in the blank with a random number) divorce was the right decision. You go, girl!!  Hang in there.
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

Love this...  My list would be way toooo long, though.  LOL!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, there is a reason why they are called EXES.  Chalk that up as another one. 

I am sure if he can find the office to pick up a new marriage license, then he can find the one for the divorce certificate, AND PAY FOR BOTH!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He lives in another province, but really it isn't my job.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_can-believe-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:6f584437-290a-43cd-917b-55defeb6b811Post:9697ed58-f1ef-4b97-a4a6-21d4cf8de7dc">Re: Can you believe this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you believe this? : Love this...  <strong>My list would be way toooo long, though.</strong>  LOL!
    Posted by ichellemay1[/QUOTE]

If I were <em>really </em>keeping track, I have no idea what number I'd hit.  I'm using numbers in the 700s these days. ** snort, snort **  It really is funny, though ... much funnier than being bitter.  Just happy I made the right decision.  La la la!
  • Options
    Mochaw11Mochaw11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the list would be very long and I also paid for everything... and still continue just to live my life. I think that as a wedding gift you could get him a copy and have it framed... that's something I would do! LOL
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ridiculous exH called me from the marriage license office in Vegas because he had no idea what date we were divorced and he needed the info to get the marriage license with his next ex-wife. 

We also had agreed to hire one attorney and split the bill, but I ended up paying all of it when he ignored all the invoices from the attorney and refused to pay.

I'm the best ex-wife EVER!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At one point I did ask my ex to make a copy of the divorce papers and send them to me, because I needed them to prove something at one point (and no, not so I could get remarried). We got divorced in a completely different state, and I couldn't get in touch with the courthouse out there (it was such a small town that every number i looked up was wrong or disconnected, so I had no way to do it). It wouldn't have cost him anything but the stamp in order to do it (all I needed was a xerox copy), but he refused. I wouldn't have made him pay for a copy for me though, that's ridiculous.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Isn't it "nice" when the ex comfirms why he's an ex?  LOL

• Options
    BCrosbyBCrosby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would do the framed divoce paper as well out of spite...but AFTER he remarried and decorate the frame.  I had to pay for my divorce as well but he kept returning the papers. finally was able to take it to court but it racked up a biill of around 5000$ and waiting for 3 years for it to finalize!

• Options
    BCrosbyBCrosby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank god its over though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is one for the archives. Just be thankful you got out!
  • Options
    luckyme502luckyme502 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell him that taking care of his personal errands is no longer your concern. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I emailed him a copy of the lawyer invoice (whic I paid) and told him if he had any questions he could find out on his own and pay for his own copy. 
  • Options
    klbrengleklbrengle member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_can-believe-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:6f584437-290a-43cd-917b-55defeb6b811Post:8678d6ec-d42d-46b0-9156-ee6fcca92aee">Re: Can you believe this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My ridiculous exH called me from the marriage license office in Vegas because he had no idea what date we were divorced and he needed the info to get the marriage license with <strong>his next ex-wife</strong>.  We also had agreed to hire one attorney and split the bill, but I ended up paying all of it when he ignored all the invoices from the attorney and refused to pay. I'm the best ex-wife EVER!
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>OMG I call my ex-husband's fiancee his "next ex-wife" all the time lol.  He is such a pita.

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny thing happened today.  Found out he can't get a copy of the divorce certificate because he was ordered to pay court costs by the judge!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And he hasn't paid the court costs.  I wasn't notified of this because I paid the entire $1500 fee. (So I wasn't ordered to pay more but he was LOL) So legally he can't remarry until he pays the court ordered costs.

As my mom says an eye for an eye
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards